[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amtrak to NO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Amtrak_City_New_Orleans-2005.jpg (89KB, 579x386px) Image search: [Google]
Amtrak_City_New_Orleans-2005.jpg
89KB, 579x386px
Hey /trv/, I'm going to be in Atlanta for a few days and want to take some time at the end to visit New Orleans. I've been before but really enjoyed the city.

One thing I noticed - there's an Amtrak route straight from one city to the other that takes most of the day. Has anyone taken this route, and was it nice in terms of views and scenery? More to the point, what are Amtrak trains like? I know you can get little cabins, but that seems a bit antisocial - are trains in the USA full of crazy homeless people like the buses are?

Obviously a flight is both faster and cheaper, but I like some train rides - just wondering if this one is any good.
>>
>>1152775
>what are Amtrak trains like?
Very late

https://www.amtrak.com/crescent-train&mode=perf&overrideDefaultTemplate=OTPPageVerticalRouteOverview
>>
>>1152813
Ok wow, I thought UK trains were bad - I take it back.
>>
>>1152775
Amtrak is pretty comfy in my experience. I took it from NYC to Charleston, SC and was impressed. This was back in maybe 2007, and they had outlets, I had never seen that on a plane at that time, and that wasn't a thing on busses either. The windows are large and the legroom is mich more than you'd get on a plane. Baggage was much less of a hassel as well. There was a dining car, but the options were pretty limited. It was nice just go be able to walk around, really. So if the price is right, I'd recommend it. It's an experience worth trying at least once.
>>
>>1152775
In my experience Amtrak passengers are fine (and Greyhound isn't as bad as its rep)... but maybe I've been lucky. And I have only used either in the north.

I would say go for it.
>>
East coast amtrak is extremely uncomfortable. Its slow, cramped, they make lots of stops and the windows are small. on the other hand, the metro north in new york is top tier comfy
>>
>>1153021
The atrak a little further inland sucks and you have as much room as you do on a plane
>>
>>1153155

That is absolutely false. Plenty of legroom on the Amtrak coaches, and the sleeper roomettes aren't too shabby either.

I rode it from Charlotte to New Orleans a few years ago, and it was clean, comfy and on time.

Go for it. There's even a dining car.
>>
>>1154174
Then they either updated since i rode or you got one of the nicer ones. I rode 17 hours packed like a sardine
>>
>>1152775
If you change your mind, use skiplagged for flights ive flown one way to NOLA from atl for less than $50
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.