[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Traveling to Bali, Indonesia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (10KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 275x183px
Hey guys, first time /trv/ler, I'm planning on traveling to Bali for a little more than a week for business but I have a few days for pleasure. Have any of you been there? This is my first time abroad in Asia. Are there any must-go places to see or things to do? I'd love to hear some stories about travels or vacations to Indonesia too!
>>
>>1152662
south kuta is awful. avoid it.

ubud is great, one of the most unique places in the world. it's been ruined by fat white women who do yoga as a pretense to lose weight and look spiritual. literally flled with obese menopausal women hiring brown male prostitutes. what a shithole.

beautiful architechture though.

avoid spirits. some of them are literally poison and will kill you. not send you to the hospital. kill you. like, 100%.

if you have a "few" days, you might also consider going to the gili islands, which is a sort of isolated backpacking retreat. if you have a few more than that, you can hike a volcano in lombok. if you have a few more than that you can hire sailboats to take you to komodo island.

indonesia is pretty cool. bali used to be the coolest part. but then eat. pray. love came out.
>>
>>1152662

Bump, going in the near future as well
>>
>>1152662
Prepare for your holiday to be ruined by Australian bogans - I'm Australian
>>
>>1152684

Thanks for the advice! I've looked into it a little bit and wanted to visit the Gitgit waterfall, have you ever been? I've heard it's very scenic there at night.

>>1152921
Haven't met an Aussie before, it can't be that bad, can it?
>>
>>1153425
Tbh yeah it can be bad. Aussies literally work in the mines or whatever for a few months then have a month or so off and all go to Bali to get insanely drunk in Kuta (mostly). If you're planning on going to the beach I'd recommend either Seminyak or go east to Sanur or smth which is less crowded with drunk Aussies.

Ubud is touristic as fuck but it's nice I guess, be sure to grab some babi guling at Ibu Oka, although it will probably be touristic as fuck now as well.

If you're looking for more quietness and nice nature go around Klungkung and the Sideman region.

I lived in Indonesie for a while (Jawa) but Bali annoyed the fuck out of me because of all the tourists.
>>
Is 3 days enough to see the best places in Bali?

Will be staying in Kuta (normie friends want to live the ''party scene''), is it possible to visit other places (Ubud, Tanah Lot, Tegalang) during the day and be back for the evening?
>>
>>1153607

I think so. Going there myself begin September and have made some plans.

You could use some tours to see different places or you could hire a personal driver to take you to places.

Costs about $45-$75 a day.
>>
>>1153489
the only westernized chinese I've ever wanted to punch in the mouth was australian, for what it's worth.

but I think it's mostly just the hookers situation, and liberal dickheads shitting on the poor
>>
Is there a sex district in Bali?
>>
>>1153865
Kupu-kupu malam, that's all I have to say, and all you need to say.
>>
For me the highlight was climbing Agung. The view from the top is pretty chill. Don't trust online reviews, though -- if you're reasonably fit, it definitely won't take you six hours one way. Four hours is more reasonable.

Kuta is shit, and the whores are overpriced.
>>
>>1154010
Or
Ayam kampus
>>
>>1154159
How was the climb? I heard it was difficult for beginners but too easy for experienced hikers. Did you see the sunrise?
>>
>>1155000

It's all about endurance. There's no climbing involved, you're just walking uphill for four hours (six if you pause every few steps to take a chug of water). The middle half of the ascent is the hardest, as thousands of hikers have destroyed the roots of the trees, so you're walking uphill in loose soil. And when you're going down, this part you'll be spending a lot of time on your ass.

We started at midnight, and reached the summit around four. The guide started a fire and I huddled against it for two hours waiting for the sun to come up. Once it did the view was great, but the experience would have been a lot more enjoyable if I had started the climb at 2am instead.

It's also very, very dry. I took 300ml of water with me, which was probably too little in retrospect. The guide recommended 2 litres, which is absurd -- you don't want to be hauling two kilograms of liquid on your back. Perhaps 500ml would have been the right amount.
>>
>>1152662

OP,
When are you going to be there?
>>
>>1155018
>500mL water
>8+ hr hike
>hot as fuck tropical weather
Do not do this.
>>
>>1155526

Yeah, but most of the walking is at night, and at high altitude. Heat is not a problem. You're meant to reach the summit at dawn, and the descent only took us two hours. It's more the dust everywhere, getting under your clothes, nails, hair that creates the sensation of dryness and the need to drink something.
>>
>>1155574
That's why you bring more water.
>>
Speaking of water, how expensive is it for bottled water there? I hear the tap water is unsafe.
>>
>>1153865
Sanur
Look for the houses with xxx in their street number.
Or just walk around anywhere alone at night. You will be propositioned
>>
>>1152921
zx? Lol
>>
you can catch me in engine room choofin back darts with a gook slut on each arm with my shirt of cutting shapes

Come up and say hey bruh if you see me ive got blue eyes if that helps you find me
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.