[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Big City VS Small Town

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

I've got a job opportunity to move to either an artsy, college town of about 30,000 or Nashville, TN. I've lived in Boston and I was born in a small town so I have a good understanding of each.

Small Town Pros: A LOT cheaper, good arts scene, good nightlife ( especially for its size ), close to home and family.

Big City Pros: Always have that urge to live in a big city, just feels like something you should do when you're young, ya know?

Yeah anyway. That's all I got.
>>
>>1152565
Nashville is decent and has a good arts scene because of Belmont/Vandy. However, I wouldn't classify it as a big city, but that's my view after living in a huge place for the last 20 years. I feel like living in a small college town could also be really cool. Wouldn't fret too much over the decision desu
>>
>>1152565
Whats the small town senpai? Small towns are not all created equal
>big city
Isnt nashville kinda a sprawl though? Doesnt that defeat the purpose?
>>
>>1152574

I meant to include that somewhere in the OP. It's Oxford, MS. Yeah I'm not stressing over it but it was an excuse to post in a 4chan board I never post in. I never really get out of int/pol, lol.
>>
File: image.jpg (213KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213KB, 700x467px
>>1152573

Aw dang, it's sprawling? The thing I liked most about Boston was the walkability. Chalk one up for Oxford, then! A part of me thinks that I really don't care for big cities more than I care for the idea of one, after all there's very little you can do in one that you couldn't do by just driving to one.
>>
>>1152565
>Big City Pros: Always have that urge to live in a big city, just feels like something you should do when you're young, ya know?
Big cities in the south don't feel big, at least not in the way that you're hoping for.
>>
>>1152565
does anyone care to tell me some stuff in general about Nashville TN? I'm a Euro who has the opportunity to work there for a couple of months.

Is the city nice? Is it ok to live there without a car or will that restrict my mobility? How about partying?
>>
>>1152612
Interestingly enough, Nashville seems to feature on most 'least walkable cities in America' lists. Public transportation also isn't great. You could always buy a shitbox car and sell it when you leave. Once you get to truly cheap cars, they don't lose much value in the space of a few months.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.