[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Backpacking Thailand/Cambodia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: backpacking-guy.jpg (643KB, 3246x2156px) Image search: [Google]
backpacking-guy.jpg
643KB, 3246x2156px
Hi Guys!

I two weeks I'll be leaving for my first ever trip to Asia. And it'll be my first time travelling alone.
If someone has something must see/do, I'd really like that!
>>
>>1152471
How long are you going for? As far as Thailand goes, just remember there's more to the country thn Bangkok.
>>
>>1152471
Ankgor wat is the only "must see" thing in Cambodia. Phnom penn is just like bangkok but more shit.
>>
>>1152511
>more to the country thn Bangkok.

For example? Where have you been, and what places do you like?
>>
>>1152471
Angkor Wat really is a must see. Other than that I would have to say hit up Sihanoukville, the area/beaches in the city are completely shit.

Head over to Otres beach which is the best place there, a quiet secret. Otres Corner bar is the place to be if you enjoy psychs/green stuff.
>>
>>1152471

How much $ are you bringing with you and how long are you staying?
>>
>>1152526
Well, there's the rest of the country to look into. The history of the Khmer Rouge is fascinating and powerful, for example.
>>
File: IMG_1424.jpg (593KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1424.jpg
593KB, 1920x1080px
>>1152636
From Sihanoukville take a boat to Koh Rong Island, and from there to Koh Rong Samloem.
Koh Rong is a bit larger (like one street with hostels by the beach), little more stuff to do. Koh Rong Samloem is the chillest, most beautiful place I've ever visited.

If you end up going to Samloem, go to M'pai bay and when you arrive on the pier, go right and keep on walking until you end up at the bar of the Chill Inn. Time stands still on those islands.

In Sihanoukville we rented motorcycles, top tip.
>>
Question about Vietnam, since I don't think starting a whole thread about it is worth.

If I want to visit Halong Bay for 2 days, where is the best place to stay?
Was thinking of Halong city, Tuan Chau or Cat Ba island. Mostly looking to cruise around the area, hike and swim.
>>
Untraveled noob here. Why is it that so many backpackers go on extended trips to SE Asia specifically?
>>
>>1153138
I did a little boat cruise on Halong Bay, I think it was 3 days. You sleep on the boat surround by the islands. Honestly it was the coolest experience of my entire life. Not sure what nearby towns you could stay in, but there's no way they'd be as fun as staying on a boat.
>>
>>1152526
Jesus christ I spotted the Full-Moon Party, tubing pleb.

Cambodia is nice OP and I would chose it over Thailand everyday. You could go to Sihanoukville, Tonle Sap and Battambang. Also, Tuol Sleng and (less) the killing fields are worth a visit. Ratanakiri/Mondulkiri has absolutely stunning nature. Could also go to Kratie or Kampot.

I would also urge you to grab a bus to Lao and chill the fuck out at one of the Si Phan Don islands.
>>
>>1154201
It's low threshold for first-timers and it's cheap as fuck. You can travel safe, lots of other travellers and almost everyone speaks English. You can also have westernized parties in most old-Indochine countries.
>>
>>1153138
I took a bus from Hanoi and immediately got on a boat for a few days. You can basically book in on the spot during daytime and maybe even in the evenings/nights, I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>1154201
Granted, more American backpackers go to Latin America, Europe, and arguably even Africa, than SEA. But we are so large, a significant number do go to SEA as well. Granted SEA is the most expensive place to travel from the USA, barring Oceana
>>
>>1154260
I see, that does sound very enjoyable. I'll give it a look over, thanks for the info.

>>1154290
I am from yurop so I imagine it's slightly cheaper to get to SE Asia, maybe?
>>
>>1154306
Yeah definitely m8.
>>
>>1153138
Like everyone else has said, book one of the boat tours, theyre a dime a dozen. Shop around though, everyone on our boat seemed to pay different prices. We paid 70 USD a head for 2 nights (the most we paid for anything in vietnam, by a long way).
The backpacker district has a slough of hostels to choose from, but the beachfront is taken up by hotels catering to Chinese tourists.
>>
>>1152471
Hey guys I am also going to Cambodia/Laos. I have a budget of around 3000-4000€. Think it will be enough for two months? also Im traveling alone, will I die?
>>
Didn't want to create a new thread. Is 1.5k$ enough for 5 weeks in Thailand? (Airfare not included in 1.5k)

I dont give a fuck about petting tigers, fucking hookers, riding elephants, scuba diving etc. I'm all about good food, exploring, having a beer or two, socializing, picking up chicks etc.

Also, how do they respond to white dudes? I'm 1.83m, fit, white dude
>>
are there any good prostitute destinations along the way?
>>
>>1155417
Yeah that's fine. I always budget around 30-50 USD per day.
>>
Hey guys. Anyone here travel to Thailand for the Muay Thai training? I want to go to Koh Phangan, Pattaya and Phuket (good schools for farang there).

I want to spend at least 3 months, hopefully can make a year out of it.

What logistical concerns should I have(malaria pills, insurance, healthcare, etc)? I'm most concerned about malaria. STDs well...i hate condoms so I'm not fucking hookers and I can stand a year not getting laid.

I have a very Spartan lifestyle, I like the suffocating heat, and I have $10k. Advice?
>>
>>1155931
I havn't yet but I am travelling in november. I want to see Muay Thai aswell!

You should read everything about their visa, they are pretty strict. Also I've heard you shouldn't do drugs or offend the king! :)

Will you be travelling alone? I will and I am a bit worried, I've traveled solo before to english speaking countries like Australia and that was no problem, how is Thailand? Do they speak english? Will I be able to find some friends?
>>
Where would it be better to celebrate NYE, in Bangkok or Pattaya?
>>
>>1156205
Koh Samui
>>
>>1156208
I'll be passing there for the full moon, I'm leaving from Bangkok on the 4th.
>>
>>1156154
Well tourism is an important aspect of the economy, so the most savvy vendors learn English. It's a relatively frugal party destination for Europeans so you're bound to make friends.

I dont know much about it as I've never been. I am travelling alone, but I can barely say its travel as I have goals in mind other than travel and exploration: Muay Thai! I'm basing the itinerary on key gyms. Hopefully I will find the gyms i chose favorable. I suggest going to websites that rate gyms.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.