[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mauritius thread Has anyone been there? Opinions? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Mauritius thread

Has anyone been there? Opinions? What did you do there?
>>
Neighboring Reunion Island here.
We go to Mauritius when we need a nearby holiday break, it's a 45mn flight (expensive as balls tho, between 200~500 EUR, one of the most expensive on a flight time to price ratio).
Been there 4 times, we mainly go to Mauritius for cheap luxury lifestyle. You stay at 5* hotels and eat out every meal for the budget of a 2* hotel and sandwiches budget in Reunion.
I gave a list of stuff to see/do there to a Belgian anon a while ago I don't know if he enjoyed all of it.
When do you plan on going? Rain season (we have hurricanes in the zone) may spoil your fun if you come in the summer (nov-feb).
>>
>>1152681
What is there to do on Reunion?
>>
>>1152702
Great hikes, breathtaking views of the pitons, french lifestyle with a tropical twist.
Quite expensive, service is poor compared to Mauritius or other touristic destinations, but we loved it enough to move here, and everybody I know who visited enjoyed the place a lot.
Do you have any specific topics of interest?
>>
>>1152681
Can you repost the list please?
>>
>>1152741
Are you french?
Was it difficult to move there?
Are there good job prospects for nurses?
>>
>>1152839
Sure.
The best weather is on the west coast (flic en flac), but there are great beaches all around the island. There is no need to book various hotels around tho, everything is more or less within a 1h driving radius so you can be back at your hotel at night.
Motorsports are way cheaper than in Reunion so every time we go to Mauritius we ride ATVs. We have done it inside Casela Park and at the Domaine de l'etoile. If you know your stuff about riding, I'd advise to book a private tour if you don't want to have to wait for the unexperienced riders. The guide needs to adjust to the crowd and it may be frustrating.
Both parks are nice, there's more to do in Casela, and it's more convenient if you stay in the west. L'etoile feels more preserved and less scripted tho.
You can allocate at least a day to visit the capital city, Port Louis. Be sure to hit the market, the waterfront and you can have a stroll in China street (not a whole town lol).
We also tend to hit the huge ass shopping malls there but that's just out of novelty, we don't have them in Reunion. No matter how much you think you hate them, after a while you miss food courts and outlets.
You can visit Chamarel, Jardin de Pamplemousses and go to Curepipe market.
Don't be afraid to try local foods, and especially street food. No matter how unhygienic (by western standards) the cart or stall may look, I have never experienced or heard of a case of food poisoning among the countless feedbacks from Mauritius. And there are some tasty treats believe me.
Grand baie, pointe aux piments, trou aux biches, le morne and l'île aux benitiers are extremely touristic but still worth a visit, don't go to an island that strives on tourism to purposely avoid touristic landmarks.
If you are on a budget I'd advise to save in the hotel by renting a flat through Airbnb (we paid 400eur for the NYE's week and had a 120 sq.m 2 bedrooms apartment with a pool table in the living room, in a private condo [ctd]
>>
>>1152992 ctd
The condo had a swimming pool and was within a 5mn walk from Flic en Flac's beach.
I'd also advise to use that money you saved to rent a car, it's quite easy to navigate there, faster than bus and way cheaper than taxi. Just avoid the peak hours as traffic is often jammed in and around the cities.
Except in official outlets (shopping malls, airport) be warned that you will be offered fake stuff, no matter how official the shop looks and what the clerk will tell you. Some fakes look as good as the real deal (let's be honest it's not the craftsmanship that makes an Abercrombie shirt's price tag) while some are obviously poor imitations...
Once you keep that in mind, you can decide wether the price is correct for you. You won't face charges in Mauritius, then your local regulation back home will apply if you get caught.

That's pretty much it from the top of my head, anything else just let me know.

>>1152981
Yes I am.
As such it was just like moving to another part of France, but we loaded a sea shipping container instead of a cargo van.
Nurses are actually quite in demand in private practices. Several of my friends are nurses. Hospitals and clinics are way more difficult to land a position.
Note that your diploma must be equivalent to the French State Diploma, and recognized as such by the French administration.
Speaking French is a must as the local grasp of English is even worse than that of the mainland.
If you like I can point you to websites that display employment ads.
Anything else just let me know, too!
>>
>>1153002
>>1152992
Did you ever end up finding people to go to those motorbike expos for you?
>>
>>1153565
Glad you remember that lol.
I have one opportunity for Milano's show.
Nothing for the others yet, I was planning to post again in a couple weeks and post in /o/ again as well as in the photography board.
>>
>>1153723
I remember because I got into motorbiking last year and the Auckland show will be only I believe 3 weeks after (or was it before) I'll be in Auckland.
>>
>>1153725
Thanks for thinking about it though.

So OP has left?
>>
I'm Mauritian./Australian and only recommend going with a gf/wife. Really not much else going on if you're single
>>
Dutch guy here, went to Mauritius with a friend because of a cheap flight. Vacation was comfy as fuck. Like the others said though, there isnt much 'to do' in the tourist sense. We went without hotel reservations, and just found a nice room along the coast in a small hotel /house, a bit removed from the resorts (The resorts are hell to me).

- Climate was ideal (breeze, not too hot)
- scenery is good; subtropical
- lots of great fresh seafood (and i wasnt even a fan)
- some small bars in walking distance from us
- borrowed some bikes and rented a car to explore the island.
- swam with dolphins out in the sea
- found some giant ass turtles out in a park

If you're able to enjoy a relaxed environment, and just explore it on your own initiative, i'd highly recommend it!
However, if you want to do spectacular sightseeing, or resort style luxury there are better places for the money (and long ass flight).
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.