[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to study in Germany?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: BW.png (629KB, 2000x2706px) Image search: [Google]
BW.png
629KB, 2000x2706px
Hey everyone, student from the US. I'm planning on studying abroad in Germany in spring, and I'm stuck between three options in Badem-Wuerttemberg. The options are Heidelberg, Konstanz, and Tuebingen. Any opinions out there? My German is alright, by the time I'm there I will have had two years of uni German.
>>
are you black?
>>
Study in Heidelberg, its a fairytale fucking town
>>
>>1152024
Nein
>>
What are you studying?
>>
>>1152011

honestly, from what i have heard all 3 of them are fantastic

konstanz is beautiful & close to the water
heidelberg ive already been and its breathtaking
tübingen is supposed to have a great uni

cant go wrong 2bh
>>
>>1152011
3 brilliant choices. I would prefer Kontanz though. I study there myself, and being close to the lake is godtier. Tübingen is ok to live and great to study, Heidelberg is on same level as Konstanz imo.
>>
Hey, I am german and study in Baden-Württemberg and I havbe been to all places. As stated before, all are great choices. Freiburg is a great place to visit too. I can tell you from my experience abroad, that it doesn't really matter where you study. You will have a great time wherever you stay. Enjoy!
>>
>>1152362
this
>>1152497
and this. They are all great

Heidelberger here. The city is full of asians and americans, we don't need any more :P
>>
not op or a student but have a Germany question

if i wanted to visit heidelberg, how good would my german have to be? can i get by with basic phrases + english?
>>
>>1154462
most people i know understand english.

I havent been that often to Heidelberg tho but the younger the people are the more will speak good english. Some basic phrases mixing with english should do well imo
>>
I'm going to bump this because I'm in a similar situation.

I have the chance at studying in either Frankfurt or Munich. I would prefer Munich but I know Frankfurt is better if I want to travel around Europe during the breaks.
>>
>>1154462

German here. Usually the young germans are able to speak english. Since Heidelberg is a touristy town you should be good. Always a + if you are able to speak some basic sentence in the native language though

>>1155217
Both cities are fucking expensive, Munich even more so than Frankfurt. I don't really like the bavarian culture/people, since they are really full of themselves. However it's easy to get to Italy,Austria,Switzerland and Slowenia from there. Would recommend Frankfurt
>>
>>1155227
>I don't really like the bavarian culture/people
Which one do you like better?
>>
>>1155227
Thanks for the help

How expensive is "fucking expensive"? my country will pay me around 700 euro per month to study there and if I can pick up part time work I would be sorted.
>>
>>1155252

http://www.studentenwerk-muenchen.de/en/international/international-students-in-munich/in-preparation/cost-of-living/

Check this here bro. I guess you are lucky if you can live in a students dorm. It's the most expensive city to live in in germany.

>>1155241
Well I live in the Palatinate now and I must say it's alright here.
>>
>>1155227
>>1155241
>I don't really like the bavarian culture/people, since they are really full of themselves.
Only towards Germans, who often look down on us for some reason. Towards other foreigners were really nice.
>>
>>1155388
>I don't really like the bavarian culture/people, since they are really full of themselves.
>Only towards Germans, who often look down on us for some reason

Hast du mein Argument nicht grade selbst begründet?
>>
I'm moving to Rosenheim. Maste in EE&IT
B1 Deutsch level.
Will it be enough to find a Job there?
Also, white and manlet.
>>
>>1156269

White and Manlet won't be a problem in Germany. Don't really know about the language skills though. Should be ok for a casual employment,but for a real job that matches your proficiency?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.