[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coming home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 12721006-368-k335859.jpg (35KB, 368x575px) Image search: [Google]
12721006-368-k335859.jpg
35KB, 368x575px
This is no sad after-travel-depression Thread.
Do you have a country, except the one you live in, that feels like home to you ?
What place is it and why ?
>>
File: 1467062681978.png (932KB, 780x1170px) Image search: [Google]
1467062681978.png
932KB, 780x1170px
Bangkok, Thailand.

I lived there for two years teaching English and had great friends there. I felt more comfortable there than I do here. I feel sad just thinking about it. Unfortunately I didnt like teaching enough to make a career out of it and its hard to make enough money there to justify living there long term.
>>
>>1151820
Time for stories and details, fr13nd0.
This board is all about the ESL teaching in Asia meme. Did you not earn enough to get by or you missed luxuries? Were you licensed, how were you employed, etc
>>
>>1151813
Airplanes feel like home for me.
I'm always crushed when they land or take off because it means the journey is over. I wish that I could have become a pilot but a medical condition prevented that from ever happening so I just travel as a bandaid to keep me sane for another 40 or 50 years.
>>
>>1151854
land at my destination either coming or going*
>>
File: 589407.jpg (2MB, 4440x2554px) Image search: [Google]
589407.jpg
2MB, 4440x2554px
>>1151850
>Did you not earn enough to get by or you missed luxuries?
It was fine for living. I had a nice apartment and could go out for meals literally every day. I could get almost any western luxuries I wanted. The lifestyle was good. I just didn't want to teach forever and was only making about $1200 a month, which was perfectly good for living out there but as a westerner it didn't feel very stable. It was only my intention to do it for a year or two.

>Were you licensed, how were you employed, etc
I was in a private christian school teaching 10-14 year olds. Did 4-5 lessons a day Monday to Friday. No licence. I don't think you actually needed a licence for the first three years or something anyway. I was paid under the table in cash though. There are strict rules about employing foreigners where there must be a ratio of X Thai employees to X foreign employees. It was just more simple for them to pay cash. It also meant they could change staff with the click of a finger.

I could have got a legal job if I wanted it, but I would have had to travel further to get it. The christian school was only a small walk from my apartment and the commute in Bangkok rush hour is a nightmare. I didn't like the Idea of an hour in traffic each morning.
>>
>>1151813
Japan, I've never really lived there, but I know enough of the language and customs and just plan how things work that I feel very comfortable and at-ease. It's still a foreign place, but I know I can get by, and I kind of have it under my thumb.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.