[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travelling the world

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 12489-Travel-The-World[1].jpg (198KB, 500x455px) Image search: [Google]
12489-Travel-The-World[1].jpg
198KB, 500x455px
You have $10,000, your only conditions are you must spend at least a week on every continent, and you must spend at least three continuous months away from your home continent. What do you do?
>>
>>1151629

cycle tour with a tent and a jetboiler. start in australia and work my way up
>>
>>1151629
ez pz
That's thrice my usual budget anyway. Tent whenever possible, cheapest hostel when not. No restaurants, only groceries and street food. Hitchhike a lot too. Pick the cheapest countries for the every continent requirement, both in terms of living costs and available airfare.
>>
from Sydney fly to Chile and make my way north until Colombia, do whatever is cheapest to get to US, go north through Canada and then fly to China and then go overland through Central Asia to Europe and then down to Africa.
I mean with $10000 you could just catch flights across the various continents and stay the remainder in a cheap country, but that's not really the point is it?
>>
>>1151629

The antarctic will cost you more than 10k alone.
>>
>>1151701
OK, forget the Antarctic. I didn't fully think through the conditions as well, let's alter them slightly. Of the three months you must spend at least two months away from your home continent, and at least two weeks in your home continent, but not in your home country.
>>
File: political-map-world-1200x813.jpg (718KB, 1200x813px) Image search: [Google]
political-map-world-1200x813.jpg
718KB, 1200x813px
Something like this. Blue is for flights.
>>
File: SAM_3497.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_3497.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
I could make that kind of money stretch for a year if I wanted, but say I want to relax a little,
>N. America
Three weeks hiking the Pacific Crest Trail
>S. America
Three weeks exploring Patagonia and the Chilean fjords
>Africa
A few weeks in a gîte d'etape in the Atlas Mountains, working on my novel
>Europe
One-month Culinary tour of Spain and Italy, eating at fine restaurants and squatting/stealth camping to make up for it
>Asia
Motorbike around Burma. I don't know, I don't think much about Asia.
>Oceania
Spend a few weeks in a NZ DOC hut finishing my novel
>>
>>1151763
I'd draw exactly the same routes for South America and Europe.
I really question whether you could do this on 10k though, especially doing all four of the notorious money-sinks of Korea, Japan, Aus and NZ.

>>1151675
Have you done much hitchhiking abroad? Just curious.
>>
>>1151838
>I really question whether you could do this on 10k though, especially doing all four of the notorious money-sinks of Korea, Japan, Aus and NZ.

Well I didn't price check it but I think it would be possible with a short stay and keeping everything budget.
>>
>>1151835
This is the dream.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.