[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here been there?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: north-korea-flag.jpg (16KB, 446x299px) Image search: [Google]
north-korea-flag.jpg
16KB, 446x299px
Has anyone here been there?
>>
Of course not.
Now GTFO and delete this thread.
>>
>>1151526
t. Kim Park

No I haven't OP, but I am also curious about travelling there
>>
there's no way i'd travel there and let me dollars go to a corrupt dictatorship that clearly abuses humans.
>>
>>1151519

Yeah, and I wouldn't go there again. You see what they want you to see, the food is awful, it is always cold, even inside the buildings and so on.
>>
>>1151580
So China isn't a plan for you either?
>>
>>1151637
Honestly sounds like an amazing experience, where else in the world would you experience anything else like that?
>>
>>1151519
there have been, yes. Thinking of going myself next year just for the sake of it.

Apparently its harder as an american, but idk as im a yuropoor.

you cant just go there, you gotta book a guided tour like >>1151637 said and every NK documentary will show.

some anon recommended
http://www.youngpioneertours.com/
as a good option

>>1151580
>NK abuses humans inside of its country
>USA, Russia, EU etc. abuse people outside of their countries
>>
I have. Went with young pioneers as some other anon mentioned. It's actually a pretty country. I was there during the summer so I didn't experience any coldness.
>>
>>1151641
"That" being a pretty sterile front of a guided tour that NK purposely puts up so tourists can go there and say "Oh I've been to North Korea, it's not so bad really and everyone was so nice!" When they should say "I funded one of if not the world's most abusive regime in exchange for a tailor-made lie about the country's prosperity."
>>1151641
Not saying these places, particularly US, don't have human rights violations, but we do have this thing called freedom of movement and so a tourist can see what they want.
Also, please don't try to say that human rights violations by USA are even in the same realm as what goes on in NK which is essentially the enslavement of a population (not wageslavery, actual enslavement), the holding the population captive and killing those who try to escape, the killing of dissenters, killing of anyone possessing foreign media.
>>
>>1151683
The USA is worse than North Korea. I never saw human rights violations in North Korea but I saw them in the USA.

t. Swedish tourist who has been to both countries
>>
>>1151711
>anon says the trip to N. Korea is extremely controled so that you can't really see the bad stuff that happens there
>"oh, i've never seen bad stuff happening there"
>>
File: 1462547622888.jpg (21KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1462547622888.jpg
21KB, 512x384px
>>1151711
This is either bait, or the single most stupid and ignorant thing I've ever seen said on the internet, and that's even ignoring the context of this thread. Congratulations, I hope you're happy you dragged the average IQ down by at least 40 points.
>>
Yes, I've been there. Went on a tour with Koryo. Inb4 funding the most brutal regime in the world, nobody says anything when you go to China, Cuba, Israel, or whatever. Stop being hypocrites.
>>
>>1151777
>single most stupid and ignorant thing I've ever seen said on the internet
that's my vote
>>
>>1151683
>"That" being a pretty sterile front of a guided tour that NK purposely puts up
Exactly, that is an incredibly unique experience that can't really be had anywhere else in the world. Its a relic of a bygone era and might not be available for much longer.
>>
>>1151800
>Israel
Oh boy, I can smell a derail coming
>>
>>1151777
>>1151802
My eyes do not deceive me. I saw police brutality in the Bronx but I never say anything bad happen in North Korea ever.
>>
>>1151913
did you get a government guided tour of the Bronx? How to book that?
>>
File: progressive nation.jpg (24KB, 790x446px) Image search: [Google]
progressive nation.jpg
24KB, 790x446px
>>1151711
>Sweden
>>
>>1151913
Yea but you took a sterilized guided tour of NK and then freely traveled in one of the worst places in the US. I wonder how that view of yours would hold up if you saw NK's gulags.
>>
File: 1434992534448.gif (1MB, 319x240px) Image search: [Google]
1434992534448.gif
1MB, 319x240px
>>1151800
>>1151908
>Israel
pic related

i mean hes right though, even if Israel doesnt really fit in the list. If you only want to travel to a country that is not involved in shady shit and extrajudicial killings, you can wipe basically half the planet off your bucket list. Dont need a military dictatorship to do that
>>
>>1151519
Out of curiosity, what made you ask?

And a friendly reminder to Swede-chan that NK sided with Soviet/Russia in EVERY military conflict since the 1917 revolution.
>>
File: 1433700082940.gif (3MB, 291x300px) Image search: [Google]
1433700082940.gif
3MB, 291x300px
>>1152004
NK didnt even exist until after WWII and has been led by exactly three guys since then, grandfather, father and son. big fucking surprise.
Also how does siding with Russia turn you into a bad travel destination?

>>1151800
i see that Koryo is way more expensive than young pioneer tours. do you know if its worth the extra money?
>>
>>1151711
Literally what.
This anon has been successfully duped by the International PR team at NK
Do you think that everything you see is everything there is?
They do not show you the injustices being committed, the ones that would make your stomach turn, and the ones that you are directly supporting by going on this tour in the first place.
>>
>>1151999

To compare "shady shit and extrajudicial killings" to "a massive part of the population is in prison or forced labor camps, and a good part of the rest is practically starving", is silly at best.
>>
>>1152090
how about "blatantly lying and breaking international law to brutally topple legitimate governments of foreign countries, killing hunbdreds of thousands in the process, creating instability, crisis and civil war in the region for decades to come and thus indirectly being responsible for millions of more deaths in the region not to count the human suffering created by rape and civil rights abuse because the soldiers are a bunch of braindead slobs without any respect for other life - and all that just because someone wanted to trade in currency as instead of currency b?"

that comparable to you? i think so. stop being a fucking hypocrite.

this discussion belongs on /pol/ by the way. this thread is about travelling to NK
>>
>>1152100

Your post is one giant fucking [citation needed].

But lets entertain your notion for a second. Everything in your post accurately describes reality and the motives and intentions of the people involved. Still, 300+ million Americans live comfortably (to varying degrees) under said regime. In the glorious DPRK 24 million Koreans live, most of whom are, or have family in, forced labor camps, and a good part of them has very little or downright not enough to eat. Nobody but a tiny elite as any luxury whatsoever.

You are so far away from having a good argument, you can't even see it with binoculars.
>>
>>1152119
>>1152100
This is a really fascinating conversation, and I am amazed at the depth and breadth of knowledge you guys bring to a political debate that is totally off topic for a travel board.
>>
>>1152153

and then there's your post which is just totally mindblowing and contributes so much to this great life of mine.
>>
>>1151519
I would like to visit North Korea, and I intended too for some time, but political situational has been getting worse recently so they have more incentive to arrest you for BS reasons as a bargaining chip, also those guided tours are expensive, I can probably do two trips on my own for that price and while not as unique will almost certainly be more comfy.
>>
Hey guys, my dad and I are thinking of doing this tour next July: http://www.youngpioneertours.com/tour/pyongyang-city-bicycle-tour-july-2017

Has anyone done this tour or done a young pioneers tour before? What do you think?
>>
>>1151637

my gf went to north korea and she said exactly the same thing you did
>>
>>1152119
>Your post is one giant fucking [citation needed].

do you realize i can give that exactly back to you?

also every fucking point i posted is proven to be correct, im not going to spoonfeed you a wall of links since this is not /pol/ and most of it is common knowledge.

>Still, 300+ million Americans live comfortably (to varying degrees) under said regime

yes, while said "regime" (term i never used btw) is openly killing abroad. Are the lifes and deaths of foreigners worth less than the ones of americans? Just because a nation does not commit atrocities at home doesnt mean they have a white west, which is apparently what you dont seem to realize.

Or are you so fucking deluded to believe that the noble US only aids poor oppressed people in their glorious struggle for freedom and democracy?

concerning NK: DPRK is shit but has improved in the last years even according to the reports of refugees (which are a fucking shady source since they are obviously anti-Regime) as well as foreign diplomats. Western technology spreads and a constant decrease in child malnutrition is observed. I wont deny the concentration camps exists as well as the erasing of entire families. America supported and supports nations that do way worse things.

Also we werent even talking about the wellbeing of nations but the atrocities commited by them, so no, my argument still stands and youre moving goalposts. It doesnt matter how well off Americans are, the USA has fucktons of blood on its hands, way more than the NK has, and at least NK keeps to itself apart from the occasional crisis.

but if you want to talk about the wellbeing of people, look how much the quality of life, especially personal safety, has improved in Iraq or Lybia. just as two examples.
>>
>>1152090
The US has been far more evil and done more damage globally than NK ever could. You bastards topple sovereign and legitimate governments that refuse to abide by your insane financial regulations.

Gaddafi was killed because he wanted to form the Central African Bank, Assad is currently being targeted by the US because he refused to allow the building of the pipeline through Syria.

The US is a cancer that needs to be removed so the rest of the world can live freely.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.