[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reykjavik

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Ever been?
Would you recommend?

They have some really cheap flight there but want to be sure that isn't for a reason other than it being a country in the mid-Atlantic.

Suggestions about what time of year to vist, what to do and what to see would be great.
>>
>>1151339
Whilst it's an okay city, it's not really worth the flight just for Reykjavik. Iceland is truly about the outdoors so it'd be best to plan a week or more to explore the island's natural beauty.
>>
>>1151339

Yeah I would go. No more that 3-4 days though, it is pretty small.
>>
(Not OP)
Should I move there?
Is it worth?
I am looking for a change in my life and moving to another country sure will do.
>>
>>1151516
>>1151573
I was planning on going in March, would it be mild enough by that point to spend a lot of time out there? And would you recommend renting a car or are there more interesting ways to get around?
>>
>>1151596
March is a decent time to visit, pretty mild and you probably won't be impeded by any snow. Be prepared for it to rain though, it's just an inevitability.

I'd definitely recommend renting a car, hands down one of the best trips I've ever been on was driving round the Ring Road over the course of nine days (I wish I had more time).
>>
If you only have the time, money, and inclination for a city break, you're better off going to any of the historic Scandinavian cities. Reykjavik is mostly just wooden houses and basic architecture. Iceland is all about getting out there in a 4x4 and seeing the country.
>>
>>1151516
This . Spend a few days in Reykjavik, then get out into the country and look at glaciers and geysers and shit.

>>1151576
>Should I move there?Without ever visiting? No, that sounds dumb. Go look it over first. Also, look into requirements to immigrate, there are rules about that, you can't just show up and decide to stay (depending possibly on where you are from.)

Iceland is an expensive place to visit, expensive place to live though for a resident the energy prices and such factor in more to keep costs down. Winters are brutal, how do you feel about brutal winters.

>>1151596
March should be OK, but getting around the country might be hard, some places may still be snowed in, to the North of in the interior.
>>
I just went in June.

Pros:
>everyone spoke english
> Reykjavik is very easy to navigate and safe
> Iceland Air has a program where you can layover for up to 7 days, so if you wanted to go from JFK to London by doing a layover in Iceland, it wouldn't cost you any more money.
> Very pretty landscape
> Countryside easy to navigate

Cons
> Shit is really expensive
> Once you explored the capital for like 3 days that's about it.
> I went in June and expected it to be a little bit warmer. Very frigid arctic winds and it at its warmest was like high 50s.

Overall, I liked it, but you can pump out all of the tourist-y stuff in 5-6 days and I would do so utilizing their layover program.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.