[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do I do now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: blink.jpg (73KB, 1009x766px) Image search: [Google]
blink.jpg
73KB, 1009x766px
>be me
>20 year old 'murrican
>solo travel yurrup cuz broke friends
>best time of my life meet hella cool people
>back home
>shitty job
>missing hostel life
>have an associates degree in business
>wtf now i wanna fucking leave again but i have no money to my name

Any life advice /trv/? I'm learning spanish at the moment as a way to use my free time productively. I really just wanna fucking leave again and explore america, but i'm broke. Gonna try to pickup another job to get more hours/leave my current one/save up both. I want to make passive income so I can travel indefinitely, but I have no idea how i'd do it. Thinking about army reserves so I can make a couple bucks and fuckoff for the rest of the month. I can go back to school to get my bachelors in january (2yrs left) but idk man i just feel so unfit for actual 9-5 bullshit society. I wanna open a hostel or something but the area i'm in is too expensive. Maybe do outdoor volunteer work. Any ideas?
>>
>>1151174
Start to work in a hostel
>>
>>1151183
i need $$$, which is a problem because all the hostels in my 'murican city just want someone to do reception in exchange for a free bed. Can't work in EU hostels because i'm not a citizen. Tried while over there multiple times.

Also met a fellow 'murican who worked illegally in the EU at a hostel, had to jump town because the owner accused her of stealing and was threatening em.
>>
Best advice I can offer having never done this, but it's what I would do.

Live as minimally as possible. Work as much as you can. Save every dime. Once you're at 10k, 20k, 30k.... 10k is a year easy if you pick the right Continent. Learn Spanish so you can pick up work at hostels/ bars during your travels.
>>
>>1151187
would doing WWOOF/helpx/workaway in America be a good idea? I'm only an american citizen so opening up a place or working illegally elsewhere won't be doable long term.
>>
>>1151189
I think southern Ireland has a working holiday visa agreement or something similar set up with the US- you might qualify since you've got a college degree. Look it up.
>>
>>1151238
op here

Thanks for the info. Would be more interested in UK working holiday visa, as the UK interests me more. But, I've heard that as an American I can get a visa in Ireland (cool), new Zealand (idk but lord of the rings), Australia (not that interested but has cool wildlife), South Korea (teach english?), and Singapore (I know nothing about desu)

So yeah I think I'm gonna go to a 4yr school and figure out a way to make passive income around working my own business. With that business fund myself traveling and such? Been looking into stuff for a while for businesses, ideas welcomed
>>
You can get paid to go to a university in Europe, you can stay while you're a student, and travel during the summer.
>>
How bout you go end yourself OP?
>degree in business
>only wants to travel
You ever think about doing something productive and actually advancing society? Naw probably not because you only care about what's fun. Selfish ass people like you are the reason the world is so shit. I hate /trv/ sometimes.
>>
>>1151582
>implying my thread is anything besides brainstorming

I wrote this to bounce ideas, stop taking /trv/ so seriously
>>
>>1151581
Does anyone know how stringent the criteria for placing in those unis are? Been considering it for a little to be honest, I've been bouncing around odd blue collar jobs and while it's been fun, I kinda wanna try going to school before I get too old.
>>
>>1151584
>thinking about army
>have a degree
>looking for ways to be a leech on the world and only travel
'
>>
File: mfw smiling through pain.jpg (52KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
mfw smiling through pain.jpg
52KB, 960x540px
>>1151582
>anon on 4chan angry at someone being unproductive to the society
>mfw
>>
>>1151174
> 20 years old
> wahhh 9-5 bullshit society
> how can I be an unemployed leech and get away with it

Grow up
>>
>>1151667
Learn to read ya dingus.
>>
>>1151174

Be an English Teacher.
>>
Go do a working holiday in Aus or New Zealand. If you're a socialite you probably won't save much money for further travel, but you'll get to see those countries at least, and break even by the end. Huge hostelling scene in both, obviously.
>>
File: trv.jpg (70KB, 700x544px) Image search: [Google]
trv.jpg
70KB, 700x544px
The reason you are not able to go on vacation again is that nobody understaaaaands you maaaaaaan.

It's amazing how shallow and judgmental our society is maaaan, like, my parents won't even give me money to go on vacation some more. My friends are totally like maaan, why you want to go on vacation don't you wanna be square like us? They're so limited maaaaan.
>>
>>1151753
i did read the thread and you need to grow up child
>>
>>1151174
>become a drug dealer
>deal for like 3-6 months
>quit
>get someone 2 smurf you money for the next year or so
>????
>profit
>>
>>1151582
>>1151588
>>1151667
>>1151842
>>1151842
Don't give these bitter assholes any thought OP. You are not obligated to give anything to society; your duty is to yourself and since traveling is a means for self-development, you are fulfilling your purpose by exploring the world. The indoctrinated will always feel bitter toward those who saw through the utter absurdity of contributing to society since more often than not, it is too late for them to pull themselves away.

Teaching English is a good way to get around while saving a little bit of money. You can get certified then teach English online, which can be done from anywhere as long as you have a laptop and internet connection. Personally, I don't like this because regardless of where you are, you will be at least slightly constrained by the constant need to report to your laptop at a certain time. The best option is probably to work a part time job at home for a few months then go off and travel; maybe learn an instrument so you can busk while you're out!
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.