[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malaysia General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 800px-Flag_of_Malaysia.svg.png (14KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Flag_of_Malaysia.svg.png
14KB, 800x400px
Hey /trv/, in two months I'll arrive in Kuala Lumpur and I have two questions about my travel plans.

1. I'll have 23 days in total to spend in Malaysia. At the moment I think about dispensing the days like this:
>2 days Kuala Lumpr
>3 days Langkawi
>2 days Malaysian peninsula
>3 days Penang
>2 days KL / Malaysian peninsula
>7 days Borneo
>3 days Pulau Sipadan
>1 day KL

I'm interested in forest treks and diving. Would you have anything to add to my list or is it already too stressful for such a short time?

2. How's the situation in Eastern Borneo? Sabah seems to be fairly quiet right now, but officially it's not recommended to go there by my country's ministry of foreign affair. Which preparations should be done if I want to go there?

tl;dr: Is Borneo safe?

Feel free to contribute your own questions or to answer one of mine.
>>
>2.

Literally nothing bad is happening in Borneo, not sure why it is not recommended.
>>
>>1150954
Due to increased danger of getting kidnapped, they don't recommend to visit Sabah... even though many people say it's save
>>
>>1150980
I'm pretty sure a bunch of Flips are kidnapping/raising trouble in the nearby islands and waters, but if you stay on the mainland there should be zero worries.
>>
>>1151018
Yeah but how's the situation on Pulau Sipadan, as it is an island near the Philippine border
>>
>>1151053
You'll be perfectly safe there. People were kidnapped there ~15 years ago, but ever since then there's been enough navy presence that a thought of danger shouldn't even cross your mind.
>>
>>1151055
Okay thanks for your reply
>>
Borneo in general is about as safe as the rest of malaysia, KK in sabah is great for diving
>>
>>1151341
Okay thank you.

So what what you guys criticise on my 23 day tour?
>>
>>1150945
Don't go to Langkawi, it's just a dirty subpar beach, especially compared to the places you will see in Borneo. Use the days to visit Cameron Highland and Malacca.
Do you plan to hike Mount Kinabalu in Sabah? If not, since you have 7 days in Borneo, you have quite enough time to visit Sarawak state, for example, the caves of Niah and Mulu national parks.
>>
>>1151368
Thank you alot for the answer
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.