[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NYC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Empire State.jpg (61KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
Empire State.jpg
61KB, 800x400px
Best things to do in New York City? Have any sun stories or suggestions? About to go visit!
>>
>>1150861
fun*
>>
Aussie that visited NYC for the first time in June.

I'm a history/artfag so I visited The MET, MoMA, Guggenheim, International Centre of Photography, Tenement Museum, American Museum of Natural History, the Ellis Island Immigration Museum and the Brooklyn Museum. Out of all of them, I found the MoMA and (surprisingly for me as I wasn't planning on going there) the Tenement Museum to be the most interesting.

I wouldn't expect someone to go to all those museums because its so easy to become exhausted of seeing so much stuff even over the period of a few days, but I would definitely go to a few.

I went to the top of the One World Trade Centre, Top of The Rock and the Empire State. The Empire State gives you a good view of the Flat Iron Building and the One World Tower. Top of The Rock gives you a great view of the Empire State and Central Park. One World Tower gives you a great view of Manhattan, Liberty Island, Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges.

Times Square is basically a meme, go there once just to say you've been there and don't go again unless you need to walk through it to get to another location.

I'm a cyclist so I did use the Citibikes to get around A LOT. You might be too anxious to ride through traffic but definitely ride through Central Park, its gorgeous!!

I walked the Highline a couple of times and loved it. Definitely do that.

Katz's Deli was nice but expect long queues.

There we're quite a few pubs and restaurants I loved but can't remember most of them.
O'Reilly's Bar and Kitchen was really nice.

Hope that helped!
>>
>>1150869
Awesome, thank you. MoMA is a place I will definitely be visiting.
>>
>>1150861
Visit Central Park at some point!
>>
>>1150869
How much does it cost to get to the tops of those crazy-high buildings? Is there any way to get a great view for free?
>>
>>1150893
Its around $35-60 USD depending on the building but I forget the exact prices. They are expensive and unfortunately I don't know how to get a view from that height for free (a NYC local might). But there are some great views from the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges.

There is an awesome view down Washington St in Dumbo where the Empire State lines up with the arch of one of the bridge foundations (pic related is what I took).

You also get some great views from the Highline which is free of course.
>>
We have two NYC threads already
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.