[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Indonesia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: images (4)_3.jpg (15KB, 309x476px) Image search: [Google]
images (4)_3.jpg
15KB, 309x476px
Tell me about your experiences travelling Indonesia. No Aussies talking about Bali, that doesn't count. I'm Australian and been to Bali a few times but would like to visit Java next year. Interested if anyone has had good bad experiences, is Jakarta a disgusting dump or ok? Are the locals as friendly as Balinese or are they anti West?
>>
yes Jakarta is a shithole through and through

I travelled through Java, what do you want to know
>>
>>1150858

Jakarta is a dive. Easily in the top 3 worst SEA metros.

Bogor is a nice first stop as far as cities go.
>>
Susi Airlines
>>
>>1150900
Not OP, but interested in your travels through Java. What did you like the most? What was a tourist trap? Any fun stories?

I'm thinking about going to Indonesia for ~4 weeks next year.
>>
>>1150858
Go to Surabaya
>>
>>1150957
Yeah I was looking at Surabaya, just seem like somewhere that wasn't a complete dive. Are the beaches ok there or don't bother? Are the locals friendly or what?
>>
>>1150858
Is pick OP? why would someone get the tattoo of an autopsy incision?
>>
Spent three days travelling Bali with a girl from Jakarta. Supposedly it's a lot cheaper than Bali and shit is open so much later. I'll get there eventually. Can't say it it's a shit hole or not, but I'm a fan of shit holes regardless.
>>
I spent some time living in Singapore, and am friends with someone who went and lived in Jakarta after. He absolutely loved it, and said it felt much more like a home than Singapore did (he still liked SG though).

He says if you give it a chance you'll likely have a good experience.
>>
>>1151146
The pic is of an Australian soap opera star.
Sinetron in Indonesia.
Aussie expat in java.
Ama
>>
Planning to go to Yogyakarta to see Prambanan and Borobudur.

Are these as neat as they seem or I am setting my self up for a disappointing trip?
>>
>>1151258
Lol, I can't believe people thought I was brax. What do they think of Aussies there? How does it compare to Bali?
>>
Anyone in Jakarta know an atm where I can deposit USD?
>>
>>1150942
sorry I'm so late

Borobudur temple was good, but only good for 1 day, it's a morning thing really then we moved on

Jakarta was a shithole

we went up Mount Bromo which was incredible, one of the best parts of the trip - a little bit pricey but we stayed in this lovely hotel half way up the mountain then got someone to drive us in the morning

dieng plateau was pretty cool too (pic rel)

sorry my brain is a bit fried atm that's all I can remember, it's definitely worth spending a week/10 days there, we started in Jakarta and travelled through to Bali (also stayed 4 weeks) and it was a good way to see everything
>>
>>1151269
Borobodur temple is lovely in the morning but the actual village is pretty dead

we just stayed the night in a hostel a 5 minute walk from the temple and they organised us to go there (the temple tour thing where you see sunrise is run by a hotel next to it)

pic related is the view
>>
Can anyone suggest any good beaches or are they polluted rocky swamps?
>>
File: tana-toraja-04-stone-grave.jpg (299KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
tana-toraja-04-stone-grave.jpg
299KB, 800x533px
Went to Sulawesi island, saw many buffalo get slaughtered. Gorgeous place, Togian Islands are good for diving.

Fucking pain getting around though.
>>
>>1151142
Surabaya's not so nice. Big and polluted. Not many tourists go there. Locals are nice enough. The Arab quarter is worth a look. Wouldn't go again. Big port city so no real beaches.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.