[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Business jobs that require travel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (130KB, 1024x853px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 1024x853px
I'm a recent grad. International Studies major and Business Admin minor. I want a well paying job where I have to travel the world, not just the US. Any job recommendations? Tired of just being offered shitty sales jobs
>>
Most jobs this will come with seniority, so it's hard to say. Most of the time it boils down to joining a MNC and transferring offices after a few years. This is as close to travelling worldwide as you'll get as a young worker.

You could do consulting, which you get to frequently travel for right out of the gate, but you can count on that travel being within your home office's continent.

Something in ops/logs might give you the opportunity to travel as well, but once again you will likely need to put in some years first.
>>
>>1150865
On top of this, traveling for work can be really shitty
my dad is a global vp of a company and he travels every week (even if it's same day flights)
He's been traveling for work for 20+ years now and I think it was only a few years ago that he finally crossed off almost everything off his list (still hasn't been able to actually explore Australia (he's been to it hough) or see the Great Pyramids)
On top of that while being young is the perfect time to travel, realize that if you take a job like that you're going to be traveling for awhile down the road, so starting up a family or getting a GF even becomes very hard to do because you are always in different places
>>
>>1150949
Amen brother - the realities of international work travel are hard to understand from outside.
In reality, jet lag is a killer, from the inside one office looks much like the next, the only difference being the canteen food and one multinational hotel room / bed is much the same as the next and the perks of a platinum flyer card wear thin.
>>
I've always loved to travel and love experiencing other cultures. That's why I majored in International Studies. Unfortunately I can't seem to find a job that matches my major and minor.
>>
>>1150854
Oh wow a millenial who thinks he's too good for jobs, isn't willing to work hard and wants everything handed to him!

How original!
>>
>>1151007
International business coupled with a foreign language, would have been a better major. Or some type of engineering degree, or a teaching degree. These jobs are all in demand in developing countries and can be exploited a couple of ways. One, set roots in one country and use it as a launching pad to others, or do contract work and jump from country with the contract.

With international studies, if you're American, you may want to look at jobs with the Department of State and work with the foreign service. That's a new country every couple/few years. Government jobs, in general have a lot of foreign work. As well as Government contractors, like KBR
>>
>why does my bargain bin-tier degree any idiot can get doesn't get me my dream job right off the bat

laughinggirls.jpg
>>
>>1150854
Le free travel meme
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.