[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tomorrow I fly away to Phuket with a group of friends for 11

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Phuket_tcm233-2256631[1].jpg (97KB, 658x359px) Image search: [Google]
Phuket_tcm233-2256631[1].jpg
97KB, 658x359px
Tomorrow I fly away to Phuket with a group of friends for 11 days, do you guys have any tips on what to and what not to do? Also what activities should I look into?

At the moment we are thinking of going scuba diving, visiting Phi Phi island, seeing a ping pong show and going to a shooting range. I would also like to get a couple tailored suits made up.
>>
Are you guys not worried about the recent events? I'm supposed to fly out to bkk next week but my GF is trying to cancel our flight because she is scared of the current situation in Thailand. I am too but not enough to cancel
>>
>>1150850
>ping pong show
Not sure about Phuket, but in Bangkok they are everywhere. Most of them try to run some sort of scam though, so watch out and ask around before you go.

If you like nature and outdoor stuff, Khao Sok National Park is easily reachable from Phuket! So is Krabi, if you want to try some rock climbing.
>>
>>1150878

I can understand the sentiment completely, but objectively speaking an attack like this makes another one a week later less likely.
>>
>>1150850
just phuket and go with the flow
>>
>>1150904
>objectively speaking an attack like this makes another one a week later less likely

Does it? If so, I should always bring a bomb on the plane - because by your logic, it makes it less likely that somebody else brings one.
>>
>>1150878
>Are you guys not worried about the recent events?
I was in Thailand in January and I too was a bit worried - after all, you never really know when the military is taking control again and what those Muslim separatists and other idiots are up to.

But statistically, the chance of you getting hurt in a terrorist attack is just so fucking small. It's more likely that you die after hitting your head while stumbling out from some ladyboy bar.

Also, note that terrorism is something rather random, often occurring in totally unexpected places: Think about Breivik/Norway, probably one of the safest countries in the world, or that guy in Switzerland a couple of days ago who knifed down several people on a train.

It's probably the best to prepare for things you can influence to a degree (like vaccinations, travel insurance, not traveling to a country at war, keeping your wits about you, not riding a scooter when drunk,...) and not worry too much about the rest (terrorism, freaky once-in-a-thousand-years tsunamis that wipe out entire regions, earthquakes, a random spree killer,...)
>>
>>1150850
Eat here: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g1224250-d10134744-Reviews-The_Beach_Cuisine-Choeng_Thale_Thalang_District_Phuket.html

It's great food and atmosphere. Full disclosure, my ex works there.
>>
>>1150941

Not him, but I'm thinking about going to Thailand in February and I'm worried not so much about actual terrorism, and more getting caught up in the country going to hell in general and trying to gtfo.
>>
>>1150850
> Phuket
> Pattaya

Are the two plebiest dirtiest locations in Thailand, congrats on picking one of the two. I'd tell you where to go but I don't think your kind should be informed about the lesser know beaches/areas.
>>
>>1151232
fuck off
>>
>>1150878
Welp its fucking settled, my godamn girlfriend is canceling our trip. She isn't listening to any reason and is being very closed minded so I am very fucking bummed out.

I'm so godamn sad
>>
>>1150878
>current situation

Situation has never been perfect there, between political unrest, coups, and the insurgency and it's still one of the top tourist destinations. Did she not see or hear about the Bangkok bombing last year? Though my ex, who barely missed the bombs in Phuket, said these bombings was in response to the recent vote and military Prime Minister, not the Muzzies. You should go solo

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Thailand_insurgency
>>
>>1151275
Rekt by gf

You realise we're talking about 4 deaths in 6 bombs, while cunts are freely roaming USA and Europe, making a slaughter contest?
Lately everytime there was a terrorist attack in western countries, it was between 50 and 100 people murdered. As much as you love her, tell your girlfriend to fuck off and fly to Thailand.

You're way safer here than anywhere in Europe, excepted Switzerland maybe.
>>
>>1151361
>excepted Switzerland maybe.
There was a guy knifing down 7 or so people (1 dead) on a Swiss train just a few days ago...
>>
>>1151361
hahaha rekt

Dude I tried explaining to her that it was 4 thai people that died, and that we would be fine. We've been to Mexico and they have cartels, and we've backpacked Europe and they have terrorist threats attacks all the time.

I would really love to say fuck you and do a solo trip there but I'd feel too bad leaving her behind... But lately I do feel that my relationship is holding me back from traveling.
>>
>>1150909
Stole my post
>>
>>1151400
At some point you gotta zig or zag.
>>
>>1151400
Just go and send her a pic of your cock in a hooker's gob
>>
>>1151377
1 dead 7 wounded
A knife

Wanna tall about the carnage in Paris, Nice and other European major cities? Was the knifing by a daech Islamist, or some unstable cunt?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.