/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So im going to rock en seine this month alone. Anyone got any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 53e250dda0c6c.jpg (506KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
53e250dda0c6c.jpg
506KB, 1920x1080px
So im going to rock en seine this month alone.
Anyone got any tips on how to meet people/have a better time at a large music festival?
>>
>>1150321
Just start talking to people about music, some obvious common ground
>>
Strike up random conversations with as many people as possible till you find people you get along with. I know it sounds cliche. "Cool *bandname* shirt" "Do you know when/where *band* is playing?"

Im a giant introvert autist and never have trouble making friends at festivals. It helps if you're on drugs and talk to similar minded people.
>>
File: kek.png (3MB, 1663x909px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
3MB, 1663x909px
Lurk social networks for "alone travelers to festival" group, there are plenty generally.
Speak with people, offer them alcohol or whatever.
You don't find anyone you want to pass some time with? (very difficult) It's alright get drunk alone and enjoy the music, nobody is there to judge you.
>t. massive autist who went alone to a psytrance festival 2 weeks ago
>>
>>1150405
That's my scene.

Which one did you go to?
>>
>>1150321
How big is the fest OP?
Generally at fests with 10k or less people it's quite easy. Gets a bit harder depending on the size and the vibe of the festival.
Meet as many people as you can the first day, so that later when you walk around the grounds you can run into them.
Wear something unusual.
If it's a camping festival, make friends with ALL your neighbors! Hang with them all day and if you get along ask if they want to squad out in the evening.
Drugs help you meet people.
I'm about to go to my sixth music festival of the year and I always go alone.
Good vibes only
>>
Just shout allahu ackbar
>>
Better to meet people away from the music so it's easier to talk. Your neighbors at the campsite or people at the food/drink stalls when you're eating/drinking, somewhere like that. It's good to carry something to offer just to break the ice, alcohol/weed/food whatever.

>>1150405
I mainly go to psytrance festivals, usually alone. The crowd is a bit different though compared to "regular" festivals with bands. A lot of people at those things are sober and there to listen to the bands, and don't really want to be bothered by some dude high/drunk on something. At least this is my experience. At psytrance festivals most people are friendly and high/drunk on something (or people at least know you might be), so it's easy to connect.

>>1151462
That photo is from this years Ozora festival, which was two weeks ago.
>>
>>1151571
Where you from? UK? Which festivals?
>>
>>1152019
No, US
This year I've gone to SXSW, Euphoria, Lightning In A Bottle, Sonic Bloom, Festival D'été De Québec, and Backwoods is coming up in a couple weeks
I been hitchhiking from fest to fest and it's a fucking blast :D
>>
>>1151696
>That photo is from this years Ozora festival, which was two weeks ago.

Oh, cool. I'm in the US. Doubt I'll make it to that one. How was it? I'd love to hear some highlights.
>>
>>1152222
Hey, my first quads.

Now you're kind of obligated to share stories. :)
>>
>>1152061
Plans on any upcoming ones?

I just did Summer Set in Wisconsin. EDC before that in Vegas. Thinking maybe Dancefestopia in KC, or Group Thereapy 200 in Amsterdam.
>>
>>1152222
>>1152224
For me there were no big highlights, it's just the whole experience. This time I went on saturday morning and left on monday a week later. A lot of things happen in that week. I don't really know what the psytrance scene in the US is like, but I do know that at EDM festivals there is a lot "dj worship" where people are raving about the performers, and only go for them. Which is kinda lame. I go for the scene and go dancing if the music fits my mood.

Ozora is a safe bet for a good time though, it's organized nicely, it's cheap and you have music for everyone. Weather was really nice this year. Loads of things to do beside dance. There's a lot of different workshops, a circus, board games, a corn maze, arts & crafts area, a special play area for kids and an art gallery.

Even though I usually go alone, I always know people at these things. This time on the first day I met a guy who I knew from last years festivals, got high with him and just wandered around the area randomly meeting people I knew from parties in Thailand/Czech republic/Spain/whatever country. Every day I would just go up to some random people and started talking, and suddenly I'm with a group of austrians playing with kids somewhere, or goofing around with some french guys. There's easily people from 40-50 different countries, from all walks of life, so there's something different every day. Most are travelers of some kind, so there's always that connection.
>>
File: IMG_20160802_120311522.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160802_120311522.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>1152222
I'm >>1150405 and not >>1152457
but I can confirm everything.. it's really an unique experience, you can get to the festival, mount your tent and forget about your shoes for 7 days, walking around music stages kept completely clean 24/7,without risking too much to get a piece of glass in your feet.
People also are totally respectful, no matter their (or maybe yours) fucked-up-ness.
The general mood is completely chill, there are no routines, no defined times for anything, no places to be at a certain hour. You just roam around with or without who you want and take a nap when you feel like.
>>
>>1152230
I heard EDC was shit this year, I've never been though
I was thinking of trying to go to DFT in KC if I can sneak in and if I'm around the area, and for sure I'll go to Austin City Limits but that probably mitt be my last fest for the year
>>1152457
Scene in US is pretty similar, but the bigger festivals get more people that haven't really gotten too into it yet and it can throw off the vibe. But there's a whole festie community in every region of the country, and so you go to a couple and you end up meeting the same people a couple states over at a different fest. The best fests imo have 10k people max, so you can still wander around and meet people, lose them, then bump into them later and go rage, and you've got friends all around. The smaller the fest, the better the vibe imo
>>
>>1152749
>I heard EDC was shit this year, I've never been though

Well, I had an amazing time. I don't know how it anyone could say it was shit.
>>
>>1150390
Festivals are one of the easiest places to make friends
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.