[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why should I care about travelling? Same shit, different language.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1467601505203.jpg (96KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1467601505203.jpg
96KB, 960x960px
Why should I care about travelling? Same shit, different language.
>>
>>1150069
in most cases i would argue this fact, but in your case, you are absolutely right. im sure that the entire rest of the world has absolutely nothing to offer you.
>>
>>1150069
well, like any hobby, the appeal is purely subjective

some people like ATVs and beer

some people like gangster rap and crack cocaine

some people like books

no one can convince you why you should be excited about something. try reading a buzzfeed article if that's how you think
>>
>>1150069
Please don't care about traveling. Please please please stay home so I don't have to deal with shitheads like you.
>>
>>1150069
>Why should I care about travelling? Same shit, different language.
If you don't, you shouldn't.

I don't go around trying to sell my hobbies to people who don't want them. If you don't care about books, why bother reading? If you don't like music, you shouldn't listen to it and if you don't like music, don't watch them.

If you don't get traveling leave it to those of us who do. Plenty of other boards on 4chan OP...
>>
>>1150100
I meant movies, but it's the same idea.
>>
>>1150069
I just realized i wasted my life on travelling thanks to this post. Damn.
>>
>>1150106
This. Really makes you think
>>
I was hoping you guys could enlighten me.
>>
>>1150069
wtf I hate traveling now
>>
>>1150119
>different language
That's your answer. I enjoy the challenge of learning new languages, the satisfaction from expressing myself to people who I've never met before, etc.
>>
>>1150069
Yeah you're right. The world is all pretty much the same, you should just stay in your little corner of it.
>>
>>1150069
>Why should I care about travelling? Same shit, different language.
As a poster above suggests quite vividly, the 'different language' bit is pretty thrilling if you're inclined that way. I love talking to people I can't use English with, and figuring out how the nuts and bolts of the way they experience the world coming together. But I'm a language nerd. You probably aren't (at least yet).

And the language issue is a great lens through which to notice that the shit is, not far below the surface, not at all the same. One of my weird travel habits is to visit convenience stores and supermarkets. All, broadly speaking, variations on a theme, globally. But a supermarket in Nairobi is not like a supermarket in Istanbul, and a corner shop in Kathmandu is not like one in Hanoi, Geneva, or San Salvador. It's enjoyable (to me) to notice and think about. And that doesn't even touch on ther point that big, culturally significant stuff (that is to say, not grocers) is far more distinct still.
>>
File: 1458414099292.jpg (552KB, 1625x1117px) Image search: [Google]
1458414099292.jpg
552KB, 1625x1117px
>>1150069
>tfw not good enough even to trigger some people over the internet
Damn OP, that must've sucked. Try "will I be safe as a black male" next time.
>>
>>1150119
Mostly I ride a bicycle around, so travel to me is just being out riding a bike. I don't have lots of interests in many things anymore, but I do like different foods, so that's a plus. But the big thing is, especially when traveling by bike is that there is a chance for some interesting shit to happen, that would never happen if I stayed home. And that makes it worthwhile.
>>
>>1150228
'Guaranteed replies and bans' the thread
>>
Everyone shitting on OP but I think it's a good question phrased in a bad way.

You aren't a better person if you travel and you can have an interesting and fulfilling life if you don't. Travel is inherently a superficial exercise and people overstate its value all the time.
>>
>>1150249
Hey man, I travel by bicycle too. Ausfag here. Where in the world do you ride to and how do you find long distance travelling, especially in hilly terrain?
Peace!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.