[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

European Tour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: european-discovery-map-600x600.gif (66KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
european-discovery-map-600x600.gif
66KB, 600x600px
Hi /trv/

I'm going on a tour of Europe for 13 days, pic related.

What are some must-see or seasonal events that I shouldn't miss? Tour starts on Sept 16 in London.
Hopefully I'll have time to check out Oktoberfest on the 3rd day.
>>
>>1149995
I would recommend going to less places and spending more time in a place. You can't get to know a place in just one day.

Florence: the most famous museums have hour long lines. Buy tickets days in advance or go an hour before closing time, lines have disappeared, plus the Uffizi and the Galleria del'Academia are not that large actually. Michelangelo's David is at the Galleria. As far as statues are concerned there is no need to see artworks by other artists: they are all so obviously inferior in talent to Michelangelo, I felt bad for them.

Paris: French and former Parisian here, please do not think negatively or positively of my country from two days in Paris: this place is only representative of itself and not at all of the diversity of France (the country is rather large).

Sept. 17-18 are the European Heritage Days: access is often possible in places that are normally not open to the public. Lines though. Use your google-fu, each country is supposed to have a website about these days.

You're missing La Mercè in Barcelona. Why u no go to Barcelona?

Check out fest300.com to find out if there's a seasonal event in the places you're going.

Have a nice trip!
>>
>>1150064

Fest300.com sounds like a great place to start

Seeing Michelangelo's work was honestly not something I even thought of
Definitely going to check out as many of your suggestions as I can!

and thank you!

As a side note: this is a tour with Contiki as I have no confidence in traveling alone as of yet. they dont have Barcelona on the itineraryfor this one.
>>
Have you booked and commited to this particular contiki yet?

If you're deadset on doing a Contiki, maybe pick one of the slower paced ones that spends 2 nights in each city. On this, you only spend 2 nights in Rome and Paris. You're gonna spend half this tour on a bus.
>>
>>1150077
what's contiki?
>>
>>1150064
>please do not think negatively of my country
kek
>>1149995
If youre traveling the Rhine valley you will end up in Cologne right? We have much Roman architecture, especially in the Roman-Germanic museum. If you want to see more of the nightlife you either have the Hipster area Ehrenfeld or Neustadt-Süd where all the bars for students are.
>>
>>1149995
>1 day per city
>8 countries in 13 days

All you're going to be doing is sitting in a bus and getting loaded off in front of a sight for a couple of minutes every now and then.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.