[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

best way to move around Tokyo and Japan???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: subway tokyo.jpg (405KB, 1238x862px) Image search: [Google]
subway tokyo.jpg
405KB, 1238x862px
We are going to Japan soon. Our plan is to stay in Tokyo for the first week. Than go to Kyoto, Osaka, Naga and continue out trip to Hiroshima and ending in Nagasaki and Hashima (Battleship) Island. We will do this in 4 weeks of time. But my question is what is the best way to travel in Tokyo and the rest of Japan? They told me I should buy a JR railpass, especially for the Shinkansen... But is there also something for the subway since our hotel is close to a subway and no JR trains? Or is it cheaper to buy individual tickets for subway and trains? There are so many cards and passes I don't know what to choose anymore.
>>
Fly to Kyoto/Osaka
>>
Also hard to tell, I live here (from US). I know there is a JR rail special for people not living here. I get the card from the train stations and just load it with yen and train hope to some of the lines to take me into Toyko like Tachikawa.
>>
File: 1466693370882.jpg (144KB, 603x524px) Image search: [Google]
1466693370882.jpg
144KB, 603x524px
I spent 6 weeks travelling across Japan in 2014, and I found the best (cheapest) way of travelling is by overnight bus, such as Willerexpress. JR Rail passes are also super good (used up to 3 weeks) and are super easy to use. Bullet trains are by far the fastest way of getting around.

However, Hiroshima, Osaka, Kyoto are all easily accessible by simple day buses.

When using the subway, Tokyo is broken down in 2-3 route. One public, two private, so it'll cost you differently dependant on route and locality. But I'm pretty sure that doesnt including JR passes. But you can pick up a rail pass from any local store which loads cash on it, rather then spending alot of time individually buying tickets every time. Subway/train however is by far the best way to travel around Tokyo. It's simply too big to walk!

Best of luck, its an amazing place!
>>
>>1149926
Wait. With Tokyo subways I thought it was just Tokyo Metro and Toei. What's the third company?
>>
I think the best option is to use the subway during our first week in tokyo, and just pay a regular train ticket if we go out to Yokohama or something... When we continue our travel than I'm gonna start using the JR railpass.
Good idea?
>>
>>1149993
>>1149908
I responded in the Japan General: >>1149998
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.