[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Trans-Siberian Railway

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Has anyone ever gone on the trans Siberian railway? What were your experiences and how much did it cost? What was included? What should I know before going?

General trading ride thread
>>
I prefer riding the straight-Siberian railway, but to each their own
>>
>>1149796
>I prefer riding the straight-Siberian railway
Check your privilege, cis-Lord.
>>
>>1149832
Well tell me about it, never heard of that
>>
Short answer:don't.
Long and boring, all of your activities will amount to drinking yourself into a stupor close to poisoning
>>
>>1149796
I did once, but then a train started coming and I had to get out the way.
I'd rate the experience 8/10, it didn't cost me anything - I just had to hop over a fence.
Included was 2 steel rails and however many planks of wood I cared to step on.
You should familiarise yourself with the sound of a Russian train to avoid any accidents.
More than happy to answer any questions you may have, althought the whole thing last about 2 minutes and then I went to go get a McGlasnost burger from the Rouble-saver menu.
>>
>>1149961
u b funni
>>
File: k.jpg (200KB, 610x300px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
200KB, 610x300px
>>1149796
I plan on doing the route next summer. Building a list of requirements as we speak: VISA, money, tickets etc. Just not sure if it's worth it to learn Russian.

>>1149941
Could you elaborate if you're still here?
>>
Personally, I did not go on the TRANS Siberian railway. But I'm Russian and have done enough travelling by train in Russia when I was a kid. So you should know Russian language, at least. You're in a confined space to go with different people. Remember a few rules - do not drink alcohol on the train, don't play gambling games, watch your belongings and money.Most likely you will see all week only forest with rare moments of rivers and lakes, perhaps you will see lake Baikal. But basically everything that you see in the train window is a forest and only the forest. Sometimes the train to pass the town, but you will not see anything interesting except for the railway tracks and station. Perhaps it's an interesting experience for any foreigner - but my advice to you, start with shorter journeys.For example, arrival in Moscow and go by train to Sochi. Two days by train, and part of the way you go along the sea, in Sochi you can go to the mountains to swim in the sea(in the summer), drink wine and try Caucasian cuisine.
>>
>>1150717
Thanks for the post. Why should I avoid drinking with locals?
>>
>>1150710
russian is fucking ez to learn basic words.
>>
>>1150717
I second this question. I thought drinking and socializing with randos was a prerequisite to keep one's sanity.
>>
>>1150728>>1150830

Not supposed to drink with strangers in the train. It is dangerous. Of course I'm not saying you'll pour clonidine, but even a small probability is enough to refuse to drink. Plus you never know how inadequate will become your companion after drinking alcohol.the final decision is yours.
>>
Russians can drink you under the table easily and at that point anyone can take advantage of you. Never a good idea to be helpless anywhere senpai. Unless you are 100% confident in yoursel f and travel partner. You're not supposed to drink because it will become your main activity to paas boredom and you'll feel like complete trash very fast. Again, this is not a regular night at the pub. You're stuck there for a while. I remember an anon from a prev thread on the same route telling us how he was shitfaced 24/7 and some mongolian shared horse cock with him to eat. He sounded like he had a blast though. Use caution and you'll be fine. Also again: learn Russian. Can't stress this enough.
>>
>>1150905
Get shit faced on a Russian train and eat horse cock?
What the fuck have I been doing? Just talking with old Russian people and sleeping. Fuck. Where are the adventures in these Russian trains I only hear about but never see? Is everyone only in platzcart or what?
>>
>>1150935
Fuck, foreigners probably need to arrange tours of Russian Railways, the second-class carriage with drunken demobilized soldiers, Gypsies, shift workers returning from their shift and Russians who go on holiday and to place it near the toilet. Want to adventure on you ass - take the car and get the fuck from St. Petersburg to Sochi via Yekaterinburg and Kazan.
>>
>>1150710
>not sure if it's worth it to learn Russian.
I spent three weeks in Kyiv, Ukraine and really wished I had a good understanding of Russian the entire time. I would definitely suggest learning it.
>>
>>1149796

If you are going, shell out for one of the Trans-Siberian guide books that lonely planet etc do
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.