[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Backpacking plans.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

So I've planned out my route for backpacking europe and Im looking for suggestions. The tentative route is flying into Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Bruges, Brussels, Luxemburg, Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Zurich, Lugano, Milan, Florence, Rome to fly home. First time traveller, never left Canada. Any insight is appreciated, I'm sure this plan has flaws. 6 week trip for about 4500 bucks. Doable? Average four days per city.
>>
>I'm sure this plan has flaws.
Yeah.

The list of cities you've picked looks arbitrary as fuck like "hey this random big city is kinda close let's go there".

>Rotterdam
>Brussels
>Luxemburg
>Frankfurt
>Stuttgart
>Zurich
>Milan

None of these cities are particularly interesting from a tourist's perspective and I doubt you'd be able to spend 4 days in Luxembourg city without getting bored but of course it all depends on you and what you're into.
So what do you want to travel for? Just to see some medieval cities and popular sights, for the party scene, festivals, landscapes and nature etc.?

>6 week trip for about 4500 bucks. Doable?
That's more than 100 bucks each day. Unless you're completely retarded yes that should be plenty.
However, how are you gonna get from city to city? Per train I suppose? And are travel costs already included in your budget?
>>
You're totally right, my buddy who has backpacker said the exact same things. The revised list is Amsterdam, Bruges, Cologne, Prague, Munich, Lugano, Florence, Rome, then fly over to Barcelona and back home.

Main points of travel are landscape and architecture, secondly the experience and people, was told the party scene in Prague is unreal. 4500 is the budget for the whole trip, where 1400 is towards cost of flight, Eurail and passport, leaving 3100 for food and travel fair.
>>
>>1149288
>was told the party scene in Prague is unreal
Just don't go to Karlovy Lazne. It's a shitty tourist trap these days.

>Cologne, Prague
If going this route you might as well squeeze in the German city of Dresden which lies right between Cologne and Prague. Very historic city with some great views over the Elbe river. Was bombed to the ground in WWII but has been rebuilt since and looks dope again now. Make sure to check out the Hygiene-Museum if you do go there. My favorite museum of all time.
Dresden is also close to Saxon Switzerland and the Elbe Sandstone Mountains if you're into hiking.

Halfway between Dresden and Prague lies TerezĂ­n, the cormer concentration camp of Theresienstadt. It's an absolute a no-brainer when you're travelling from Dresden to Prague anyway. Well worth visiting.

Your budget should still be fine you don't splurge, especially if you opt to stay away from Switzerland and Luxembourg which are hilariously expensive.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.