[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

winter vacation spots in Europe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: DSCN0698.jpg (4MB, 5152x3864px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0698.jpg
4MB, 5152x3864px
Hey all, the family and I are planning on making a trip to Europe this winter (approximately December 26 through early January, maybe a week and a half).

Anybody have any general pointers in the right direction? We're thinking Germany/Austria and maybe Switzerland, but the latter is rather expensive, prohibitively so. Interests include the typical shit: food, museums, outdoorsy stuff like hiking, attractive cities to walk around in, etc.

My thought is that typically summer-friendly vacation spots like Croatia, Greece, Portugal, etc. won't be as appealing during winter, while maybe the Scandinavian countries have more to offer during the cold months.
>>
>>1147908
I recommend the czech republic and especially Prague. In summer the city is extremely crowded, so i guess as a family its way more comfortable to travel there in winter. czech mountains are very nice, accommodation is cheap (at least cheaper than in any of the three you mentioned) and its great if youre a beginner with skiing. Cross-country-skiing is a nice replacement for hiking also.
>>
>>1147908
Vienna is simply an outstanding Christmas destination, as is Prague. Sometimes the city markets, are a destination unto themselves, look them up. You want to balance a city stay with smaller towns to get better prices, but realize the wealthy are off, kids are out of school, and anywhere with ski weather will have higher occupancy.

If price is the biggest concern, get into eastern europe, Budapest, Romania....there's a delicate balance between religious holiday countries and actually having things open to tourists. Check museum hours and other activities closely.

The issue with Scandinavian countries is the higher latitudes if you mind that, where you have shorter daylight hours. None of them are considered inexpensive. In the case of Iceland, you'd even have a possibility you can only fly between destinations with roads closed, by hey northern lights! But, absolutely do check your airfare on Icelandair when booking the trip, and do the built-in Reykjavik layover to experience Blue Lagoon spa for the jet lag.
>>
File: 20160806_125046.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160806_125046.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Bulgaria:

>Cheap af
>Ski and all winter-related activities are well-developed
>Orthodox Christianity, beautiful, unique churches
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.