[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is traveling considered to be such an admirable thing by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: 1430428741693.jpg (828KB, 3000x2119px) Image search: [Google]
1430428741693.jpg
828KB, 3000x2119px
Why is traveling considered to be such an admirable thing by most people? Travel is cool and all but nothing beats staying home and being comfy.
>>
If that truly makes you happy then keep doing it. We are all raised and conditioned by our own social and cultural surroundings. Some people want to explore beyond there own boundaries. Some people want to explore themselves.
>>
Why not do both?

Be comfy 90% of the year. Then take a trip every now and then.
>>
>>1147505
Because I am not a faggot loser who thinks staying home is the best thing ever and traveling does beat staying at home because staying home being on 4chan is for people that should kill themselves
>>
For the most parts, humans are always looking for something new, something different, or striving for something better. A lot of us get bored doing/seeing/hearing/whatever the same things everyday. Travel can temporarily solve this problem, which is why many consider this a cool thing to do.
>>
Not all houses are homes
>>
>>1147505
First, I think it would be beneficial for you to avoid words "nothing" and "all" as much as possible. Do not project and please make it clear if you're asking the question or just want to show others that traveling sucks. The latter is pretty pathetic so let's assume it's the question and only it.
The answer is simple: to obtain memories produced by strong emotions linked to new places. Some may agree that jerking off is better than fucking but you will remember the time you fuckedfor sure.
Therefore, if traveling does not raise any emotions for you (once again, that assuming you've actually travelled a lot before asking, otherwise it's futile). You should refrain from it and those memories inside your flat, which is perfectly fine and in fact is both as pointless and as meaningful as traveling.
Tldr: fuck you, stupid cunt, for creating this type of thread again
>>
It's a simple and relatively innocent way of announcing that you are not desperately poor

There's really not much more to it than that

People who are not capable of analytical or critical thinking will usually give you some bullshit story about how it's inherently good to travel or that it makes them "discover their true inner self" or some such horse shit

The reality is, it's a form of fashion. Once you can afford a trip abroad every so often you've made a big leap into the middle class

If you come from a family for whom travel and multiculturalism are givens, where travel has been no big deal for generations, you might not fully understand how important it is to announce that you've been abroad. But for people whose ancestors have been in the same inbred town for generations, it's no less important than being able to say you have a big screen television to watch the sporting event, or that you can afford to eat salted cooked beef multiple times a month, or that you have air conditioning
>>
>>1147647
What if i travel 5-6 times a year but do not share any pics/stories with my colleagues/friends irl? And I am from a poor family.
For fuck's sake, anon, is it THAT hard to put "in my opinion" instead of "the reality is", "the truth is"? I mean, it's fine you consider it that way, but please don't put your bullshit as some axiom
>>
>>1147647
traveling is cheap af family
>>
>>1147661
>>1147655
>it's totally no big deal to me
congrats on not being desperately poor
>>
>>1147647
I often travel for less than $150 per week. I'm from the UK so that's literally cheaper than being at home. Of course, I don't earn money while I travel so it's offset by that factor, and I understand that travel is still largely a first-world luxury... but travel really isn't inherently a sign of wealth. It can be, but it isn't necessarily.
>>
>>1147680
Here comes the tricky clever hobbyist accounting. Every hobby does this, disregarding opportunity costs, fixed costs, etc. when it's convenient to do so, in order to paint a completely ridiculous picture of what some hobby really costs. Rent? Mortgage? The cost of taking time off work? Oh right, let's disregard work. Nope, surely it's $150 a week and you have the same income as always, right?

We get this on /ck/ too:
>I'm a home barista and I buy green coffee beans in bulk, it saves me $90 a month instead of drinking espresso at the coffee shop
>oh, what's that? well I just happen to have a $5000 digitally controlled roaster, and a $1200 grinder, and a $4000 espresso machine, but those don't count. also just because I waste 1/3 of my grounds dialing in the shot because I'm only drinking 2 or 3 shots a day, let's just ignore that fact. also the fact that the first pound or two out of every 5 pound bag of beans gets thrown out because I'm still dialing in the roast, forget about it, economies of scale do not exist!
>>
>>1147674
How is being poor or not poor connects with the original hypothesis of "travelling is to show off"?
>>
>>1147700
I have no idea, it's almost like advances in class and wealth are somehow things people might be inclined to boast about!
>>
>>1147706
"Some people in neighbourhood bragged about their travelling, therefore all people should do it"
Yes, you have no idea
>>
>>1147674
Im literally broke and homeless and ive been abroad mah niqqa. I travel between different family and friends houses and work odd jobs its not hard if you are good with money
>>
>>1147710
>Im literally broke and homeless
It doesn't sound like you're good with money.
>>
File: 1460630693791.jpg (45KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1460630693791.jpg
45KB, 409x409px
>>1147711
cuck. You dont think being able to travep extensively on odd jobs is good with money? Enjoy sucking goldsteins cock at your office job, wagecuck
>>
>>1147708
Not "should", never said should. "Do", there's a difference.

>my neighbors
More like some people in this thread, such as you. Most of my neighbors are foreign born, they're not like you
>>
>>1147720
Damn, man. I tried to emphasize the fact that you are projecting too much, and not all the people brag about their travel. Yet you write, quoting, "such as you", implying that I insist on the fact people do brag about it? Where's the fucking logic? And why did you even mention that your neighbors are foreign born? What difference does it make?
I mean, if you are posting something out of the blue, at least make it funny or provoking, or something. So far its just pure stupidity, which is fine, but I fail to see the purpose
>>
>>1147725
>implying that I insist on the fact people do brag about it?
Poor reading comprehension
>>
>>1147729
Yes, no need to repeat that you have it, I got it already
>>
>people travel because its fashionable

How do people even get unfounded, myopic ideas like this? People travel because they enjoy it. Only morons or people in poor developing countries would be impressed by the fact someone has been abroad.
>>
File: 14485500438990.png (161KB, 777x656px)
14485500438990.png
161KB, 777x656px
>>1147739
Because picrelated is too hard it seems
>>
>>1147505
>Travel is cool and all but nothing beats staying home and being comfy.
Don't state your opinion like it's fact.

Personally, I like both equally. There's definitely a time and place for chilling/relaxing at home, but I would get very bored fast if that's all I did. Experiencing new things brings the excitement factor to my life that I need.
>>
>>1147655
>For fuck's sake, anon, is it THAT hard to put "in my opinion" instead of "the reality is", "the truth is"? I mean, it's fine you consider it that way, but please don't put your bullshit as some axiom
Not that guy, but it's implied. All you ever say is always your opinion, even if you say that's what the reality is.

Don't they teach omitting "in my opinion" and suchlike in every writing class?
>>
>>1147756
That wishful thinking
>>
>>1147739
So... why do people enjoy traveling?
>>
>>1147759
Because they go to sleep wishing the morning to come as fast as possible when they are on the road.
>>
>>1147759
Why do you enjoy shitposting
>>
>>1147768
>>1147787
There are things like heroine or smth that literally "just make you feel good" and traveling isn't one of them. Even then, there is a good answer to why exactly is that that heroine makes you feel good.
>>
>>1147592
This.
I'm from Montreal and the only place where I ever felt at home was Alaska.
>>
>>1147530
Underrated reply. There can also be hidden attributes of your journey that impresses other people: You've done something that somebody wants to but can't for various reason (fear of flights, fear of being in an unknown place or being unable to afford it-- yes, travelling is a luxury and it's expensive for the most part).

As anon pointed out, it breaks the monotony and listening to personalized stories from a friend about a different land can be very interesting.
>>
File: 1470197707130.jpg (328KB, 1280x854px)
1470197707130.jpg
328KB, 1280x854px
>>1147505
> nothing beats staying home and being comfy

I disagree. Nothing beats that feeling of discovery and wonder you feel the first time you see something amazing while travelling. Just being able to say " I can't believe this place exists " regularly is enough of an argument to travel.

The world is incredibly vast, just as you can't understand why travel is admirable, il never understand how people with your mindset are content with living and dying in their own small part of the world. Especially without seeing what is out there.

It's kind of like Plato's Allegory of the Cave. With your own home/city being your figurative cave. You have to step out and see the rest of the world to get that perspective. Travel changes you, it is a metaphorical way that we all step out of our caves.

Also foreign women are far hotter outside Western Europe/NA. Have some comfy.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.