/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dolomites advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: dolomites-mountains-italy.jpg (4MB, 3308x2000px) Image search: [Google]
dolomites-mountains-italy.jpg
4MB, 3308x2000px
My wife and I are thinking of going to the Dolomites in the first half of September. We'll make sure we have a car there. We're mostly going there to enjoy nature. We want to go on walks (nothing too serious, just relatively short hikes, 10 km max) in the mountains, see beautiful lakes, take scenic drives etc. We're looking for hotels, chalets, glamping, that sort of thing. It would be nice if there's a nice town or something nearby to go for dinner or have a drink.

1. What would be a good place to base ourselves?

2. Are there any specific places we should visit? Preferably nature, but nice little (old) towns etc are welcome too.
>>
ยด>1. What would be a good place to base ourselves?

Haven't been to the dolomites in the summer but check out Cortina d'Ampezzo or the surrounding area. It's pretty much in the center of the dolomites and you can drive to all directions from there. In the wintertime its a popular ski resort so I'd assume that there's lots of accomodation options.

If you're looking for more isolated and closer to nature kind of place, check out some smaller nearby villages. I suggest using google earth for spotting some lakeside villages. I always use it when I'm booking my ski trips.
>>
best advice would be to stay in different valleys.
first half of sept is perfect. still good weather but its not crowded like in august. less ppl everywhere especially on the streets. italian tourists drive slow as fck. best places to stay:
wolkenstein and welschnofen. personally i dont like cortina d'ampezzo as a place to stay.

u really want to visit latemar, rosengarten, langkofel, sella, dreizinnen (all those are mountains) and karersee (nice lake right next to the street in front of the latemar). dreizinnen being the most famous.

if u are not into hiking that much: rosengarten: use the cable car. dreizinnen: there is a parking lot pretty close - use it. if u stay in wolkenstein: cable car on the mountain "seceda" - just an amazing view on sella, langkofel, plattkofel, seiser alm etc
>>
>>1146939
Stayed around Kastelruth, had a good time. Can't really compare it to other places where did not stay.
>>
OP here, thanks so far guys! I'm considering spending a few nights around Cortina d'Ampezzo for the Tre Cime area and maybe somewhere near Bozen for some of the other valleys. And maybe a daytrip or two from somewhere around Bozen to Garda.

Keep it coming guys! :)
>>
>>1146939
i once rocked the mic like a dolomite...
>>
OP here for one last bump
>>
OP here. Settled on staying at Camping Vidor near Vigo di Fassa. So far the plan is:
- Car tour of the area including Karersee, Langkofel and Latemar with some short hikes and cablecar rides
- Hirlzweg hike in Rosengarten
- Sella Ronda car tour
- Bletterbachklamm hike followd by wine at Kaltern
- Day trip to Lake Garda
- Seiser Alm hike
- Hike around Prager Wildsee followed by a hike at Drei Zinnen

Other tips still welcome
>>
>>1150708
> lake garda

make sure you go to limone sul garda or Malcesine (or both).

Closeby Garda there's a small cute lake Lago di Tenno. If it's warm enough, you can swim or hire a kayak. It's quite 'off the beaten path' and you'll only find italians or the foreign passerby's
>>
>>1150709
Great tips, thank you! Lago di Tenno looks really good!

In case we only have time for one, would you recommend Limone sul Garda or Malcesine?
>>
>>1150917
For September I'd say Malcesine is more worth it (sun will be out longer + in Limone the typical flowers won't be in bloom anymore)
>>
>>1150925
Just found out there's a ferry between the two.

We're thinking we'll hike around Lago di Tenno first and go to Riva del Garda for lunch. After that we'll go to Limone to look around, grab the ferry and go to Malcesine for a nice dinner and take the ferry back to Limone afterwards to head home.
>>
File: XkMcT.jpg (141KB, 997x999px) Image search: [Google]
XkMcT.jpg
141KB, 997x999px
Let 'em know that Dolemite is your name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is your game!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.