[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How safe is Mexico right now? I plan on going to Mexico in 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: images-9.jpg (11KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
images-9.jpg
11KB, 276x183px
How safe is Mexico right now? I plan on going to Mexico in 2 weeks for a week, with some of my friends to the city. And, visit one of the enthic states, maybe Jalisco, Guerrero, Port Veracruz. One of those, anyone been to one of those recently? Is it safe to travel or hold off?

Went to Cancun last summer, wanna explore more of the city, and stuff.

Also, what are some cool venues in the city?
>>
>>>/trv/
>>
>>1146667
what
>>
>>1146657
Avoid Guerrero right now, trust me.
>>
>>1146709
Reasons?

Also, bump?
>>
Guerrero has some problems with organized crime, military presence, and unhappy civilians. You'd have to do a little research to find out which places you should avoid, and will likely encounter road blocks. You most likely won't run into any trouble unless you're looking for it.
Veracruz has similar problems with crime and the army, but less as far as road blocks go. You should be fine if you plan on going around small towns in the state, or small beaches. The food there is great, but the coty of Veracruz is meh in my opinion, maybe worth a day.
Jaliso is great, there's some crime, but its not much to worry about, I just wouldn't suggest driving on the highway at night. I'd suggest you to visit San Sebastian del Oeste and Puerto Vallarta.
Michoacan and Oaxaca are also rich in culture and worth visiting, but are as fucked up as Guerrero.
Tabasco is to the south of Veracruz, also a nice place, as is Chiapas, where the main issue is the EZLN.

Do you plan on traveling alone? Renting a car? Buses are reliable and comfortable if not.
>>
>>1146959
Lol EZLN has been dead for 20 years wtf.
You'll be fine OP, millions visit the country every year.
>>
>>1146959
Not traveling alone, my friend is from South America, i speak spanish too. But, my friend says the locals will know im not from there because of my accent.
>>
don't go by yourself
>>
Just go to california, Mexico

They have all mexican food like taco bell and del taco, plus less monkeys.
>>
Forget about Guerrero or any southern states, they are shitholes for a reason, cartels hide in the mountains and jungle there, keep to urban turistic areas, Veracruz port is ok, Jalisco metropilitan area is ok too, maybe mazatlan, puerto vallarta, cancun is good to
>>
>>1146889
Not him, but avoid Guerrero at all costs unless you want to get kidnapped and skinned alive.

Guerrero is controlled by cartels. Lots of turmoil due to conflict. Not really 100% sure ont his, but I know the place is a literal shit hole.

stay away from Guerrero. Also, avoid Oaxaca right now. Some protests and shit, not worth it.
>>
>>1147027
So are the other places fine? Or don't go until things calm down?
>>
>>1146657
don't go to guerrero or veracruz
>>
>>1146657
and go to the island of the dolls when you're on mexico's city
>>
>>1146657
I live in Tijuana and have never seen anything too bad. Violence is usually police v cartels or cartel v cartel. We don't have psychos who shoot up malls randomly or radical Muslims. Stick to the nice areas and you will be fine.
>>
>>1147029
yeah, many other places are fine
>>
>>1147034
I've read stories of cartels having roadblocks, like people have posted here, and taking people.
>>
>>1147029
Yea, you can visit a lot of states in mexico and you'll be safe. Guerreo is just not worth it. Don't be an edge lord and go there, ITS NOT WORTH.

Only reason I keep saying it is because white people are fuckign weird. They love to live on the edge going to dangerous places for no reason other than seeking a thrill. Heed my and other peoples advise, if you value your life, stay the fuck away from Guerrero and Oaxaca.

If you want to visit other states in Mex, do some research on which cities are safe within those states. For example, I wouldn't go to Sinaloa, Michoacan, or Sonora without doing some serious research before hand. Reason being because michoacan and sinaloa have cartel problems and Sonora is just terrible.
>>
>>1146657
I'd say Jalisco
The most authentic ethnic stuff is probably in Guerrero but there's to much shit going on with political protests, I'd avoid it unless you're a leftie that wants to boast about visiting the "brave" commies

Veracruz also has a lot of indigenous people and culture, you could stay at the port and go to the voladores de papantla and some pyramids at el tajin, I want to go in March

I went to guadalajara in February, you can spend a day in the historical centre, visit the town where tequila gets it's name, visit los Altos Jalisco, the sierra towns to the north, chapala lake, a quick trip to Puerto vayarta or smaller not so crowded beaches north towards nayarit
>>
>>1147039
Mazatlan, Sinaloa is fine for tourists, just stay in the touristic spots

The hottest (regular non models) girls I've seen in Mexico were there, only it was in the clubs were you have to go with dress shirt and shoes, not the beach "spring break" type bars
>>
>>1147039
Oaxaca is bad now? Like, the city, or just some isolated villages?
>>
>>1147068
there have been some protests recently with school teachers and other people. Best to avoid the area for now imo.
>>
>>1147076
Dude the school teacher shit has been going on for decades, I thought you meant it was taken over by cartels or something
>>
I'd recommend Oaxaca over Guerrero for an ethnic state, it'ss safer and much prettier.

The most popular traveler route goes: Mexico City > Oaxaca > Puerto Escondido or Zipolite or Mazunte > Chiapas > The Caribbean.

There's protests in Oaxaca these days, which are political in nature and not dangerous (unless you want to participate, but why), but can make for unexpected road blocks which leave you stranded for hours. Still worth it in my opinion, once you reach the city it's very pretty, with lots of side trips you can take to ruins, the mountains or indian vilages - sometimes all three in the same place.

People go from Mexico City to the Pacific because the Gulf Coast is not that pretty, Veracruz is a party town but I personally don't like it that much (the old city was blown up in multiple invasions, the sea by the Port itself is dirty, it's an active industrial and commercial port), you need local friends to show you around. If you want to go in that direction anyway, I'd recommend looking up Tajín, Los Tuxtlas, Xalapa, Xilitla (this last one could be worth the trip to the Gulf Coast).

What sort of thing do you like? There's all sorts of venues in Mexico City, I'd recommend staying somewhere in Roma or Condesa because it's central and with lots to see.

This part of the country is safe, the danger is near both borders, in Guerrero and Michoacán. Anyway, narcos don't mess with tourists, it brings attention to them.
>>
>>1147197
and who blocks the roads? aside from possibly armed people
>>
>>1147197
My friend is fairly tan, would blend over there looking like a local. Would narcos mess with him if they somehow found out he's from the US? Lol
>>
>>1147449
If you don't go looking for trouble (ie. drugs) it wont find you. It many touristy areas they have "policia turistica" whose only job is to ensure tourists don't get fucked with. Tourism brings in el buku bucks. So narcos have no reason to fuck with you and a really good reason not to.

Don't go around flaunting your whiteness, use common sense and you're golden.
>>
>>1147482
My friend really want's to go to Guerrero that's why worry. He say's he has wanted to look around there for a long time. So if we go it will only be for a couple of days. Nothing to worry about right?

My friend is from South America
>>
>>1147486
Spaniard here
Where are you from? Europe? Why do you want to visit a dangerous state like guerrero?

Of course if you want to see mexican federals in your travel.

Enjoy
>>
>>1147495
I'm Italian, and Spaniard. Its a vacation, i went a couple of years ago, i wanna go again.
>>
Mexican here, please don't go anywhere outside designated touristic centers.
always get an uber (unless you wanna get ripped off by taxi drivers).
>>
>>1147015
they still set up annoying road blocks to bum money off tourists and transport companies
>>
>>1147486
really, you should be fine. you will likely see people carrying weapons in the open, in broad daylight in some places but they won't start trouble. there's a really nice beach to the south of Acapulco called Playa Ventura. Check it out. Guerrero is interesting because it's the only place in Mexico with people of African decent that were taken there as slaves.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.