[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Studying in China

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: images.png (552B, 125x83px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
552B, 125x83px
Hey /trv/ I'm going to study in Beijing for a year with Kaplan International. Some info about me:

>light skinned Mexican
>18 yrs old
>know Spanish, English, and a bit of French

So basically what I want to know is:

>how will the locals treat me?
>can i make gains off of chinese food?
>do they have decent gyms? (Squat racks, deadlift platforms)
>how difficult is it to learn the language?
>is Mandarin a useful language for business etc.
>how bad is the pollution?

Any other tips are greatly appreciated, thanks guys.
>>
Daily bump
>>
>>1146163
Do not go.
>>
>>1146456
Why?
>>
my experience with the people in Beijing was very positive. everyone is either very friendly or just not in your way. public transit is phenomenal, the traffic is psychotic tho.

no idea about the workout shit.

language is extremely difficult to learn. pretty relevant in business tho

as far as what you'll see and experience, it can range from serious smog to looking totally normal and like nothing is wrong. i was there in the summer and didn't have any issues with breathing or anything, and it was beautiful clear skies the whole time. the pollution is very high tho, even on the days it doesn't look so bad.

but yeah it's pretty great man, hope you have fun
>>
>>1146163
Hola. Soy de Hong Kong and puedo responder tus preguntas.

>>how will the locals treat me?
No lo sé. Pienso que los chinos saben muy poquito sobre latinos. Cuando fui a España, pienso que los hispanohablantes fueron un poco de frío. ¿Quizá mismo para rí?
>>can i make gains off of chinese food?
No compredo jaja.
>>do they have decent gyms? (Squat racks, deadlift platforms)
Probablemente sí. Es común en todo el mundo.
>>how difficult is it to learn the language?
Probablemente muy difícil por hispanohablantes. Mi maestra de español prubó a aprender chino (vive en Hong Kong) pero rindió después el clase primero. He visto algunos rusohablantes que pueden hablar chino bien así quw no es imposible.
>>is Mandarin a useful language for business etc.
Sí, y hay muchos chinos en todo el mundo. Utilizé chino en los barrios de España mucho porque hay mucho chinos.
>>how bad is the pollution?
MUY malo aún por la gente de Hong Kong. Casi todos el cielo es gris.

¿Cómo es mi español? :D
>>
>>1146163
Don't worry, you'll be fine.

>how will the locals treat me?
In general they treat you well

>can i make gains off of chinese food?
Yes... Why not?
>do they have decent gyms? (Squat racks, deadlift platforms)
I've not been to a gym in Beijing, but I've been to one in China a couple of times, it was just okay, but expensive to go...
>how difficult is it to learn the language?
Once you get past the tones and pronunciation I was fine as long as I studied properly every day, also practise writing, writing and a lot of writing, for me it worked fantastic it's really the way I started to remember characters
>is Mandarin a useful language for business etc.
As soon as you have business with people who speak Mandarin Chinese, especially the locals it is always a plus, prepare for a lot of drinking GANBEI
>how bad is the pollution?
Depends, during the winter it can be terrible, during summer it alright, when it rained and the sun starts shining straight after Beijing can be at it's most beautiful.
>>
>>1146163
you again?

to all the other posters, don't help this guy

he's going to college on the government dole to an affirmative action school, and can't bother to do his own basic research on his own major

this is the second topic he's made for this. don't encourage leeches like this
>>
File: 1457762384246.jpg (87KB, 960x504px) Image search: [Google]
1457762384246.jpg
87KB, 960x504px
>>1147814
you forgot your trump memes,
>>1146743
>>1146637
>>1146765
>>1146782
>>
>>1147824
I did forget my trump memes. good think they might become real in three months

but the fact that he made a second topic rather than actually just do BASIC research shows that he's a fucking retard living on the gov. dole and affirmative action.
>>
File: Smog-hit-Chinese-cities--009.jpg (13KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Smog-hit-Chinese-cities--009.jpg
13KB, 460x276px
Beijing is the most polluted city in China. The smog is so thick you can't see across the street on bad days. It will probably fuck up your lungs and respiratory system in the long run. Not recommend for someone with asthma; pic related.

>gains off chinese food
Chink food isnt the same as chinese food in the US. It's full of carbs and very little protein. Extra protein will cost you a lot.

>gyms
Gyms are shit. Decent gyms will be expensive.

>Mandarin
It's very difficult to learn, You more than likely won't learn it and give up by the end.

I'd highly recommend Hong Kong or Tokyo or something.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.