[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hitchhiking tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: shutterstock_138668495.jpg (407KB, 2650x1766px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_138668495.jpg
407KB, 2650x1766px
Does anyone here have any hitchhiking tips to get the most out of the experience? So far I've done it usually just mainly from A to B, but this time I'd like to get a bit lost and see where life takes me. I'm just worried about finding cheap accommodation or being able to set up a tent in certain areas.

More specifically, we're doing:

Warsaw => Berlin => Amsterdam => Brussels => Wherever we feel like

I'd like to see a bit of local stuff on the way instead of just staying on the highway.

Any suggestions?
>>
What country? America?
>>
>>1145775

Europe generally. More specifically, Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, etc.
>>
>>1145775
Try reading the OP before replying?
I'm not sure if it's so easy in Europe but in US and Canada I often just set up camp on the roadside, out of sight. In cities I look for secluded areas in parks and sometimes I just use the sleeping bag on a nice piece of ground. Typically though I use my hammock which is smaller than a tent, lightweight, and you can set up easily in wooded areas where with a tent you may have trouble finding a good piece of ground. Plus my hammock is comfy. Some still prefer to tent though.
If you are looking for spontaneous adventure hitching is a good way to go, you may often meet people on their way to events/parties and you can squad out with them. Two days ago I met a couple people on their way to the beach, ended up spending the day and evening fucking around with them and slept at their pad. The very next day I met a nice family and hiked around a national park with them.
So, have a very vague plan of where you are going, and be ready to change it at any point, and you will stumble into a lot of opportunities.
However: Are you planning on hitching as a group of guys? That could be difficult
>>
>>1145724

Be a woman
Don't have male friends
>>
File: IMG_20160803_014330.jpg (248KB, 1616x1020px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160803_014330.jpg
248KB, 1616x1020px
I found that, especially in eastern-europe, it's much easier to get rides at petrol stations.
If you're charming enough and keep a smile on your face you can often get rides by confronting people, the latter is key as it will feel more personal tham standing along the road.

Other basic tips if you're not a woman:
>If you're aiming for a long distance ride, put some effort in the sign

>Try wearing something fancy like a blouse instead of generic shirt

>When asking around at petrol stations, always ask where they are going, chances are it's on the way to your destination

>Pretty obvious but very important, smile and be humble with people.

I've had a lot of rides by people who had never taken hitchers before by sticking to these methods
>Pic related, probably the hardest place to hitchhike I've ever been; Bulgaria
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.