[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good restaurants and beers to hit up while in Portland, Maine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (58KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 512x384px
Good restaurants and beers to hit up while in Portland, Maine? More diamond in the rough spots, trying to steer clear of tourist spots.
>>
>>1145680
Maine Beer Company in Freeport brews some of the best beer in the US, and their taproom is an awesome/chill place.
>>
I've never been to Maine and have no idea about what it's like, but I work as a barman here in the UK and my favourite beer, Shipyard APA, comes from Portland, Maine. I have no idea whether it's actually popular there, but I'd be surprised if they didn't, given that it's sold worldwide. I think Shipyard makes a few other beers too, but I've only tried the APA.
>>
allagash brewery
duckfat restaurant
>>
>>1145680
Duckfat has fantastic poutine
Saigon (Vietnamese pho is fantastic there)
Beckys Diner on commercial street (great lobster and swiss omlet with blueberry pancakes)
Nosh (bacon dusted fries with a burger that has pork belly on it)

> More expensive
Fore Street
Front Room
Grill Room

> I used to live in OOB but moved back to NH (on the NH/ME line so Im there all the time)
>>
Go over to Bangor and rat at Dysart's Truck Stop. Seriously. Be real hungry, they are generous.
>>
>>1145680
Get up to Freeport and go to Linda Bean's. Everything is great, but please for the love of god get the blueberry pie. Right next to all the LL Bean stores there too for afterwards.
>>
>>1145680
Amigos, Deweys, and Grittys for bars. Spent my earliest days sitting on the bars there while my dad worked the door for those places.

Arcadia if you wanna spend a fuckton of money on decent booze and play video games

Becky's Diner is great, ain't gonna find nothin' finah.
Scales is decent if you like seafood
Flatbread is by far the best pizza I have ever eaten in my entire life
Local 188 is pretty great too

Portland is an awesome little city. I'm sad to see that it's turned into another fucking hipster hive, but I'm also glad I got to grow up in it while it was still kind of gritty and dirty.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.