[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to Paris for a week with my family. Can you suggest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: eiffel-tower-photoshop-4chan-12.jpg (83KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
eiffel-tower-photoshop-4chan-12.jpg
83KB, 640x640px
I'm going to Paris for a week with my family. Can you suggest places to go to (preferably not soooo well known like the Eiffel Tower and shit like that)?
>>
The whole city is a tourist trap. Because you come from a middle class family that can only travel in the summer, you're getting the worst of it. The areas that aren't tourist traps are Muslim ghettos.

As someone that lived there for a few months last summer, here are my recokmendations:

Don't bother trying to go to the Orsay, Louvre, Eiffel Tower, etc.

Go to the Cluny museum, the Delacroix museum, the Jacquemart Andre museum... just look up small museums.

I intended this post to be longer but I'm getting a headache just thinking about the absurd exhibitionism of Paris and the crowded zoo of people it is.
>>
Arene de Lutece (a nice old Roman amphitheatre in the Quartier Latin)

boat ride on the Seine (starts off at Eiffel Tower)

drinking red wine on the stairs below Sacré Coeur (magical view at night)

the Catacombs (FYI: you'll have to wait in line at least two hours even if you arrive at the time of opening, the queue was always fucking long both times I've been there)

climbing the stairs to the top of the Notre Dame's northern tower is free if you're under 26 and are an EU citizen

parc des buttes-chaumont (a romantic park, featuring an artificial lake, an artificial cliff and a fake-temple)

and Pere Lachaise cemetery (one of the few really calm places in Paris)
>>
File: 1466366188-risitas6.png (7KB, 136x102px) Image search: [Google]
1466366188-risitas6.png
7KB, 136x102px
>>1145699
Has lived few months in Paris and acts like an expert
MFW reading this comment
>>
>>1145677
the catacoombs are a must.

i loved the musee d'orsay personally, but it had odilon redon masterpieces that blew me away. its a really really nice museum.

i is well known, but you will like monmatre.
>>
Prepare yourself for the amount of unemployed Muslim degenerates you will see there. It's a shock to the system at first. I hope you mother or sister are not attractive blonde white women or your family will have to put up with a lot of unwanted attention.
>>
>Lick a rat outside Gare d'Lyon
>poke an sub-saharan french-african with a stick at Gard du Nord
>Wail like a hebrew at Notre-Dame
>Get a baguette with jamon et fromage in Monmatre and watch the rain/smog over the city, plus get mugged legally by buying shit
>Step in horse shit around Moulin Rouge
>Watch fucking chinese tourists around the Mona Lisa so you can't see the shitty painting and still have some view that it's a good painting to start off with.
>Get herpes in a phone box
>Sit in/outside a cafe with a cigerette and a newspaper and watch the world go by.

To be honest, that last one is probably the most typically french thing to do on this list so you'll not look like a tourist as long as you choose somewhere that isn't fucking obviously touristy. Go down some dirty sidestreet, avoid being run over by a scooter, pass the dodgy looking eastern european gentleman, find someplace with a fat bloke in a trenchcoat. If it's full of wood then it's good. If it looks shit, it's probably okay.
>>
>>1145699
>Don't go to Orsay, Louvre, etc.
If you have only been in Paris for months please shut the fuck up. The Louvre is one of the best places to go if you care at all about Classic Civilization and art.
>It's only good to go to OBSCURE PLACES
Again, please shut up, while those places aren't bad, you are right about them for the wrong reasons.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 959x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 959x1280px
>>1145677
If you go to a bar and pastis is more than 3 euros your in a tourist place.
For bars in general go to metro parmentier and rue oberkampf or rue thimbaud

>>1145706
This guy has a pretty good description although I haven't been in the catacombs.

Also, try picnicking on the quais of the seine near st michel or quai st bernard next to jardin des plantes

>>1145699
>confirmed American summer intern
This person has a point about homeless, do not feel any pity for them since they got into their positions by scamming people and alcoholism. Even some eastern europeans spend their summers begging in Paris since that makes more money in one month than a median salary in Moldavia per year.

Finally, the musea in Paris are fantastic and you should check out which ones you and your family want to see. In case pf doubt go to the louvre since it is so gigantic that there's something for everyone. Go early to beat the queue and to make most of your day.

>pic related, French cutie
>>
>going to Paris
>with family
Are you retarded? Well, don't forget to learn Quran, it will definitely come handy.
https://youtu.be/7Den80ckxcI
>>
File: backpack-in-front.jpg (55KB, 355x417px) Image search: [Google]
backpack-in-front.jpg
55KB, 355x417px
ITT: hillbillies rave about how they saw a brown person on their trip to the BIG CITY hyuk hyuk and it totally traumatized them

God help you if you ever visited an actual third world country
>>
>>1146210
last time I was in Paris was in January, the amount of muslim guys loitering around the streets north of Gare du Nord was unreal. Hundreds of younger men doing nothing. How long has it been like this?
>>
>>1145706
Not OP but do all of these also apply in December? I'm hoping queuelines wont be long
>>
>>1147289
I went in January and there was practically no queue of the catacombs
>>
>>1146756
Welcome to /trv/, where visiting countries with despicable human rights records makes one a cosmopolitan Real Travelerâ„¢, while major European cities get trashed for being home to "gross" immigrant muzzies and black people.
>>
File: DisneylandParisCastle.jpg (204KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
DisneylandParisCastle.jpg
204KB, 500x281px
Disneyland fucking Paris of course! You'll have a hella good time.
>>
What should i do if i have zero interest in museums, attractions and city life?
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s11uFDrW4Lbr
>>
>>1149345
Get out of Paris and visit the rest of France ya dingus.

>>1146756
Oh look it's the sperg from the other thread who still spouts his bullshit despite having been proven wrong multiple times.
>>
>>1149384
Oh look it's the triggered neckbeard from /pol/ still in denial over his Paris Syndrome
>>
>>1149386
>le /pol/ boogeyman triggers me
>>
>>1149387
>le brown boogyman triggers me
>>
File: 1468318834609.png (371KB, 375x417px) Image search: [Google]
1468318834609.png
371KB, 375x417px
>>1146241
Underrated post desu famalamo
>>
>>1149388
88, brother

iirc the brown boogeyman exploded some bombs, slit some throats, etc in recent memory

remember the last time a white supremacist killed innocent people lol
>>
>>1149411
they do the same thing in small towns in the middle of nowhere

stay inside, the real world is scary ;_;
>>
>>1147129
Over ten years at least. It's the only place in western Europe I've been and felt threatened whilst travelling.
>>
>>1149388
As a female traveller which do you think is more dangerous, /pol/acks or brown bogeymen? Should I avoid both of these groups of people?
>>
>>1145677
Don't buy crepe at champs elysees Buy it at place Saint-Michel, there are plenty of tourist oriented restaurants in that area that serve good food.

Plenty of museums are closed on MONDAY.
>>
>>1149445
Objectively, the brown boogeyman is worse these days, but (assuming this is not bait) yeah, ultimately you should avoid both of them.
Disrespect for women stem in a lot of cases from the cult of virility/"not being a faggot.
That said, some guys wearing Lacoste caps are more relaxed than some others.

>>1146698
>If you go to a bar and pastis is more than 3 euros your in a tourist place.
This. I never went to a bar in Paris, but pastis is the cheapest alcoholic drink you can find in french bars (it basically replaced absinthe)

I will be passing by Paris in a few days, are the Bastille and the Jardins du Luxembourg worth visiting ?
I'm not wealthy so I think I will just walk around and drink a few can of beers.
>>
>>1149414
if a white supremacist ever did the same thing in a western country, it would get far more news coverage than muslim terror
>>
>>1145706
A Guide to Paris' Hottest Tourist Traps: the Post
>>
DO NOT FOLLOW THIS POST >>1149645

Saint Michel is a major IF NOT biggest tourist trap of Paris.
Want good food? Check TripAdvisor if you're lazy, or Michelin Guide if you're lazy and want to spend a little more.

Overall there are good areas to eat: Saint Germain, Invalides, Saint Augustin, Drouot, Palais Royal.

You better off booking for most dinners.
>>
File: rouen--1462807-3.jpg (279KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
rouen--1462807-3.jpg
279KB, 1024x768px
Don't; go visit Rouen, it's a much nicer looking city. Or Nimes if you're into Roman stuff.
>>
>>1149814
>the lamestream media doesn't want you to know about the paris attacks!
this is what /pol/ actually believes
>>
>>1149891
I fucking loved Rouen. I might consider living there sometime
>>
>>1146756
I actually start raving when I see white people in western European cities now, which is basically never.
>>
>>1145677
Any suggestions on packages (flight + hotel) , I'm currently using kayak and travelocity. If you had to choose between these hotels, which one would you recommend?
>Hotel l' Antoine
>Pullman Paris Montparnasse
>New Hotel Lafayette

The 3 (with round trip included) range on the same price, but this is my first trip to Paris, I'm traveling alone if that helps.
>>
>>1149411
Norway.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.