[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Island

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: preuzmi.jpg (6KB, 279x180px) Image search: [Google]
preuzmi.jpg
6KB, 279x180px
Hey, this is first time I post here. I am planning to travel to Iceland with a friend, although we've seen minor stuff about Iceland we still don't know how to move from a place to another place since we don't drive.
Are bycicles an option then?

Also we heared that it's expensive out there so how does one not spend fortune.

Is it better to camp rather than staying hostels?
Are there any other tips you can offer me about Island.
>>
From place to place you mean between cities far from Reykjavík? If so, there are some buses and planes but I wouldn't trust on those, I'd recommend to rent a cheap car if you plan to visit other cities/waterfalls/ringroad shit or try to hitchhike which many people do. If you mean moving within the city it is pretty small so I think you can either walk or rent a bike.

It is pretty expensive especially in the summer, outside of high season the price drops quite a bit but it's still expensive compared to many places. If you want to save money I'd recommend to look for couchsurfing or share a room with your friend through airBNB, I shared an entire apartament with my girlfriend last summer there and it was still a lot cheaper than any hotel/hostels we looked into. If you're into camp and have your stuff, do it, but depending on when you're going it might be pretty cold plus harsh winds so look out.

On a general note, just go to Blue Lagoon if you really want to go there, unless I'd recommend trying some public pools or the beach in Reykjavík, if you move up north there's a spa like Blue Lagoon near Myvatn which is a lot cheaper and less crowded also. Also, if you're into alcohol and have a place to store it, buy as many as you can on the duty free, its expensive as fuck on the city and only sold by government stories which doesn't open at regular times.
>>
>>1145594
It is possible, though not cheap, to hire a driver/guide to take you around the country, if you seriously don't drive at all and want to keep to your own schedule.
>>
Has anyone rented any vehicles there?

If so, what did you find was the cheapest option for it?

every thing I look at currently makes it seem like its going to be like $1100 CAD for 6 days.
>>
>>1146050
Hello, anon!
I'll be in Iceland in september, I rented a camper in GoCampers. They offer unlimited miles, automatic transmision for amerifats
>>
>>1145594
>we don't drive

You must be 18 to browse 4chan
>>
>>1145594
You can explore Iceland by bike. It's challenging but rewarding.
http://www.visiticeland.com/things-to-do/activities/cycling
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.