[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to Rome tomorrow. Tips?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: $_32.jpg (137KB, 858x559px) Image search: [Google]
$_32.jpg
137KB, 858x559px
Going to Rome tomorrow. Tips?
>>
File: Cripta_Cappuccini.jpg (2MB, 2288x1712px) Image search: [Google]
Cripta_Cappuccini.jpg
2MB, 2288x1712px
Capuchins ossuary's chapel.
>>
Buy a timed ticket to Vatican online in advance so you won't have to queue.
>>
>>1145464
Never eat in a place not busy with locals.
>>
>>1145517
Correct
>>
>>1145517
Can I walk in to most restaurants or do I have to call ahead of time?
>>
>>1145505
OP should get advanced tickets for everything, although it may be too late at this point.
>>
>>1145863
>>1145505
I already have advanced tickets for the vatican and colosseum. I assume other things I can just walk up to
>>
>>1145811
Reservations are only required in the high-end restaurant range, if you have the money for it.
Most places a bit off the tourist hotspots with only a few free tables are a sure bet. Watch what people eat.
Also go to Trastevere, left Tiber side, rustic, genuinely Roman neighbourhood.
>>
Prebooking in advance is necessary for the vatican museums (otherwise you'll be waiting in the long ass line) & for the villa borghese.
If you go to the roman forum first, the forum ticket includes entry to the colosseum so you can go to the reserved line there.
Otherwise buying the tickets at the gates are fine. The main wait for attractions will be due to the security screening anyway & sometimes the reserved line is sometimes longer & has less staff on those queues than the normal line.
Also, go to http://www.coopculture.it/ & have a look if there's anything that might interest you, as there's stuff on it like going into the house of livia & augustus in the forum, the underground in the colosseum, domus aurea, qurinale palace etc which you can't get via the normal tickets
>>
>>1145464
What's the best way to visit the catacombs?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.