[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MONTREAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 2015.08.15_montreal-banner.jpg (139KB, 960x400px) Image search: [Google]
2015.08.15_montreal-banner.jpg
139KB, 960x400px
Going to Montreal this week from Thursday to Sunday. Looking for any sort of tips on how to spend the time.

We're staying Outremont and plan on buying a 3-day metro pass to get around. We'll also have a car, but I figured it would make sense just to park it and forget about it since I imagine it would be a hassle to park everywhere. Is getting around the city doable on the public transit from Outremont?

Planning on doing all the big tourist stuff, Mont-Royal, Old Montreal, the Biodome and Tower, Notre-Dame, Underground City, MoFA, Jean-Talon Market, Mile End, Plateau Mont-Royal. Am I missing anything big? What should we do at night? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also food suggestions. Plan on getting poutine, smoked meat, bagels, steak frites. Any other suggestions and best places?
>>
>>1145455
Le Robin Square in Old Montreal is the best meal I've ever had. Everything is decadent. Go there. You will not regret it.
Juliette et Chocolat for alcoholic hot chocolate
Schwartz's for smoked meat
Chez Paree for titties
Restaurant L'Original for local game meat
>>
>>1145458
>Schwartz's for smoked meat
>Chez Paree for titties

Do you even live in Montreal ? those are both garbage options
>>
>>1145455
Don't bother with the underground city, it's a tourist trap. Jean-talon market is ok, the oyster bar there is kinda nice. If you want to have a good time: just bar hop on st-denis, or st-laurent. There is enough stuff on both streets to keep you occupied for a month.
>>
>>1145477
So offer some alternatives dude.
>>
>>1145477
Schwartz's is garbage? Check yourself bro.
>>
>be me 2 years ago
>assigned to montreal for work
>live there a few months
>go to random club
>drinking alone
>8/10 in minidress walks up and asks me to dance
>we are dancing
>i keep it respectful
>her friend (girl) walks up and says something to her in french
>she turns back to me and slaps me in the face as hard as she can and walks out of the place

Never again
>>
>>1145458
How hard is it going to be to get a table at Le Robin Square? I've heard it's insanely popular.
>>
>>1145588
Yes, Schwartz's is garbage.
There's always a line-up because of tourists like you that heard it's the dopest shit around, and the prices suck. I don't know of any local that actually goes there
>>
>>1145668
I went with my boyfriend in February (ie cold as shit and opposite of tourist season) so we just walked in and got a table. But if you're concerned, contact them ahead of time. Between Joe Beef and Le Robin Square, I'd take Le Robin Square every time.
>>
Bump, also going to Montreal soon.
>>
>>1145769
Was it crazy expensive?

Does anyone have any thoughts of Le Steak Frites Saint-Paul? The reviews seem super mixed but my girlfriend is a huge fan of steak and fries, and the BYOW thing seems really cool. Is it a shit meal though?
>>
>>1145756
Just go to the takeout counter that's literally next door.

>I don't know of any local that actually goes there
You do now.
>>
>>1145756
So where can you get a smoked meat sandwich? Remember that Ben's is closed.
>>
>>1145972
Don't listen to this contrarian pleb.
Schwartz's is fucking great.
>>
>>1145853
For what you get, it's not at all.

I think "The Ultimate Experience," which includes a large pork belly cut cooked over 5 days, and an out-of-this-world celery/truffle puree, was $35 Canadian.

Trust me. It's worth it.

If you want to be cheap stick with poutine and bagels. Or better yet, don't go on vacation at all.
>>
Orange julep
>>
>>1145987
That's what I said. Fat on the meat. Old world greasy spoon. Ain't none better.
>>
>>1145458
You ever try the smoked meat place across the street from Schwartz? I had them back to back and thought the one I mentioned was better. Cost less too
>>
>>1146559
The Main?
>>
>>1145455
bruh I'm going there next wednesday for three days, and I have no clue what the fuck I'm going to do there.
>>
>>1145455
I just went to Montreal a month ago for a week and a half. I recommend going to the L'Oratoire near Mont-Royal. It had a big cathedral inside and you can get a neat view of the city. I personally would skip the Biodome and head to Piknic Electronique that happens every Sunday if you are into techno music.

For the nightlife, there is a club called Stereo on the intersection of Rue Saint-Catherine and St. Andre. That club is literally close by to a hostel called the M Montreal which is where I stayed at and highly recommend you stay there if you haven't got a reservation yet. There is also a bar called Le Saint-Elisabeth I went with my hostel m8s that is really good for hanging out and literally right across is cheap club that has good techno music

If you want poutine, head over to Poutineville. I had a really good dish of poutine there.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.