[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

London

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: london.jpg (6KB, 369x137px) Image search: [Google]
london.jpg
6KB, 369x137px
So I just found out I have two days to explore London next week. I plan on tackling Westminster, Trafalgar Square, Museum of London, and all that stuff in that area that you see on television as soon as I land on Monday, but I'm not sure about Tuesday.

Can someone give me cool stuff to see if you only had one day?

I'm not really looking for nightlife because I'm staying at an airbb which, from the reviews, looks like I won't have a key to and will have to coordinate entry times with the owner.
>>
>>1145429
That's a terrible arrangement with abnb... What are you interested in?

I would recommend "the Wallace collection" a great collection of paintings, armour/ weapons through the ages. Not many tourists know about it
>>
>>1145436
Thanks. Never heard of the wallace collection Ill look into it. I'm more interested in stuff like that. More historical and cultural landmarks and less drinking and social stuff due to the time constraints.

Are there any interesting medieval or Roman sites?

As for the airbb, I'm beginning to suspect it's his college dorm lol. It's in the middle of a campus. I don't mind because it's much cheaper than most of the other listings in the area and it's right next to the Stansted Express train I'll need to take early in the morning.
>>
>>1145429
walk around the shops in the markets by Camden and find cool shit. Westminster Abby is cool. Walk into the supreme court too, its free and right next to the abbey. Walk along the river. See big Ben.

London is probably my favorite city ever :')
>>
>>114544
Tell you airbnb owner to grow a pair and go to fabric
>>
>>1145441

Tons of Roman stuff in the Museum of London--basically all the cool stuff they found when digging the Underground.

You can combine history and beer:

http://www.walks.com/Standalone/London_Pub_Walks_%E2%80%93_The_Schedule/default.aspx#24718
>>
>>1145429
Visit the walkie-talkie building sky garden. Free and you get some decent views of London.

On a clear day when the sun sets, the view of St.pauls is breathtaking
>>
>>1145467
Thanks. Looked last night and everything is booked :(
>>
>>1145446
Honestly, Camden is a bit overrated. There are some interesting shops there but most of them are typical tourist trash. Although still worth visiting because of Cyberdog alone.
>>
Honestly, I'd recommend setting aside a day to just walk around and essentially just end up wherever you end up.
Central London is relatively small and can be explored on foot.
Obviously, have a faint idea of what you want to see but for me personally, I had a great time when I just walked around London with no strict itinerary.

If you want to have a unique experience, I recommend visiting a busy betting shop (bookies). It's pretty surreal. Dudes from all ages (typical london "geezers", etc) going mad when their horse loses. Throwing betting slips at the screen screaming at staff... all sorts. You are pretty much ALWAYS going to find a guy with an anecdote or two in there.
I visited a Mayfair bookies and on one machine there is a multi-millionaire with his Lambo parked out front and on the other is a guy who looks homeless... Both giving each other high fives and congrats when they win... Pretty surreal
>>
>>1145446

Have you actually spent more than 4 days in London? Those things are probably the most touristy things you can physically do in London...

Camden is very crowded, massively touristy, and the stalls there just sell the same fake t shirts and knock off Beats by Dre over and over again. It does have some cool bars and nightlife once the tourist crowds leave, though.

Granted Big Ben and Westminster Abbey are nice to look at, but they're also very very crowded and only fun for about 10 minutes.
>>
Camden is pretty shit, unless you wanna see a gig there there's a million better places to go...

Get a Borris bike and go explore around the centre of town and see what you find. You'll see so much more of the city than if you stick to buses & tubes/, trust me.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.