[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tips for visiting New York, Philadelphia and maybe more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: new-york-city.jpg (48KB, 550x331px) Image search: [Google]
new-york-city.jpg
48KB, 550x331px
Hello /trv. First time in this part of 4chan.
Can you guys give me some tips about visiting NY and Philadelphia?
I am planning to visit USA for 8 days in October.
What are the places that I should definitely visit and what places should I avoid?

Btw I am from Europe.
>>
Why Philadelphia..?
I visited NYC once and spent 3 days there, which wasn't nearly enough.
You might as well just spend a whole week in NYC
>>
>>1144553
How long do you plan on being in Philly?
>>
>>1144568
Im flying in the Philly because its cheaper than direct flight to New York

>>1144597
It depends on if there is anything worth to visit.
>>
>>1144599
Don't have a computer since I'm on my own trip right now but there is plenty to see and do in Philly, birthplace of the nation, so if you like history you can see a lot. Plenty of good cheap bars as well.
>>
>>1144553
Philadelphia:
1. Check out the Art Museum if you can, it also has a really nice surrounding area.
2. The City Tavern is a revolution-era themed restaurant that serves authentic food, it's really good.
3. South Street is extremely fun and has cheap restaurants and shops.
4. There are a lot of cool tours to go on, some will take you around the city in a carriage showing you historical landmarks so if you are into history look into some tours.
5. Center City is awesome, it's more affluent and safe it also has restaurants, stores, etc.
5. Be safe avoid North and West Philadelphia at all costs.

New York:
1. Flushing Queens is a mandarin speaking (mainland) China town and it has tons of authentic Chinese food and a lot of people only speak mandarin, it's really crazy. There is the other China town in Manhattan which is Cantonese (Hong Kong) it is also insanely cool so you can't go wrong with either.
2. Central Park is an obvious place to go, it may seem boring but there is a lot to do and it's a great place to get a break from the city.
3. The World Trade Center Memorial is kinda neat from what I've heard but idk I haven't been there yet.
4. Times Square is a shit show, also don't hug or acknowledge any of the people dressed up as characters.

Overall, New York has a better tourism that Philly so you shouldn't have a problem finding things to do there, but Philly is cool too.
>>
>>1144641
Thanks a lot! I am kinda interested in history, but I doubt that my wife is.
I can't imagine how strange it will be to come from Eastern Europe to China town of NY lol.
>>
>>1144641
>also don't hug or acknowledge any of the people dressed up as characters
pickpocketing or diseases?
>>
The Met is a world class museum, I would check that out while you're there. Also try and look for shows and what not in some of theaters. One of the things I like to do when I go anywhere is to go for walk in a lot of the residential neighborhoods and what not and NYC is perfect for this. There is a lot to the city than just midtown or the financial district. Don't be afraid to go to Brooklyn or Queens or some of the more intimate parts of Manhattan like Greenwich Village and SoHo.
>>
>>1144867
no, just photo scams
>>
>>1144796

Chinatown Manhattan has been taken over by hipsters seeking cheap rents in downtown. Place has gone to ship. I recommend visiting Vanessa's Dumplings there or Prosperity Dumpling up the street there for some cheap food. 4 pork and chive dumplings for 1,25$, pork buns 3 for 1,25 sesame breads for a dollar etc.

Hit Kungfu Tea up by the grand street subway station too if you're in the area. They have the best bubble tea in NYC I think. I recommend Oolong milk tea.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.