[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, Frenchmen here travelling to Rome in a few hours. Will be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1433096376605.jpg (143KB, 1360x880px) Image search: [Google]
1433096376605.jpg
143KB, 1360x880px
Hey, Frenchmen here travelling to Rome in a few hours. Will be there for a bit over a week. Anything I should look for in particular?

My first time landing in Italy. Just wondering if any of you know of any cool places to visit whilst I'm there.

I'm a real fan of Ancient Roman history and all that jazz.
>>
>>1144357
Who is your favourite emporer?
>>
>>1144358
Definitely Hadrian. I just have a thing for BIG BEAUTIFUL WALLS.
>>
>>1144357
As another anon said in a thread, consider a night tour of the Vatican. Otherwise, it's hot as balls in Rome in the summer. Do early rise and get neighborhoods, churches and sights toured before 10am when the heat rises and then slow the pace down and cool off.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Go to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill. The ticket you buy there also gives you acces to the Colosseum, meaning you can skip the long lines, and it also valid for 3 days (but only one visit ofcourse), so you can focus one day on the Forum and one day on the Colosseum. There is a fuckton to see at the Forum alone. Also go to the Pantheon, it's the most intact and remaining Roman building in the entire city. Even the doors have never been replaced. I can also recommend Ostia Antica, the ancient port city of Rome. It's easy accesible by a 20 minute train ride. It's an amazing place only rivaled by Pompey in Italy. It has alot of well preserved buildings and it's just cool to wander around and get lost in history. Rome itself also has alot of hidden stuff and you should not be afraid to explore. Avoid eating at tourist traps as always and don't take pictures with the dressed up fags. They will charge you insane prices for this seemingly free gesture and are known to be aggressive. Have fun! Rome is fucking cool. Pic related.
>>
>>1144357
You should come to my house. We have a cute au pair that doesn't know anyone here in Rome and she does not know anyone in the city. Maybe you should meet her.
>>
>>1144440
I feel like I'm falling up because of your pic.
>>
>>1144440
Do you know if I can buy that ticket online annywhere ?

>>1144477
How old is she?
>>
>>1144788
>>
>>1144357
Bump. I'm traveling to Rome later this week. Also interested in stuff to do and see.
>>
>>1144797
>>1144357
Also traveling to Rome. The realization of how hot it's gonna be is kinda killing my hype
>>
>>1144915
Take a ferry to a Greek island
>>
>>1144357
can anyone tell me if i can just walk up to museums and pay after waiting in line, or should I book tickets ahead of time?
>>
>>1145439
With the Museo Vaticano i definitely reccomend booking in advance. If you don't, on a good day you can probably get a free tour of the Vatican's borders.
Yeah, the queue sometimes spans the whole lenght of the city, quite laughable
Maybe the Coliseum too if you want to get in, other museums you'll be fine
>>
>>1144359
The ruins of Hadrian's large villa is just outside Rome. Don't know if it's connected by a train but it's a pretty cool place.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.