[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be worth moving to eastern Europe from Canada if I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

File: 1469614070828.jpg (186KB, 769x480px) Image search: [Google]
1469614070828.jpg
186KB, 769x480px
Would it be worth moving to eastern Europe from Canada if I'm a musician and want to be able to live cheaply instead of being a wage slave?

Any bros have suggestions regarding this? Are crime rates much higher? Is it better to live poor but happy doing what you want and not working over 40 hours a week, than to live in luxury but be a slave?
>>
File: 20160716_125428.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160716_125428.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
You better be damned good if you're a musician and plan to sustain yourself on that in E. Europe. I guess this is true anywhere.

You still need to land a comfortable job, but I what I think you will find here is that life is a lot more relaxed, with decent money you'll earn good money and you'll live in peace and comfort.

Compared to the rest of the world, it's pretty quiet here, no violence or minority, refugee stuff. Crime is low, too.

Serbia is the most turbulent country that still has some kind of Muslim issues, but they've been there decades and no grand stuff is happening.

Romania and Bulgaria are your best best for a civilized, completely peaceful, cheap, beautiful and interesting land to move to, with enough opportunities to be economically sound.

Pic related, I was a recent national gathering.
>>
File: 1457226651480.jpg (21KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
1457226651480.jpg
21KB, 384x384px
>>1143727
>it's pretty quiet here, no violence or minority, refugee stuff
what a beautiful dream that is
>>
>>1143716
>Would it be worth moving to eastern Europe from Canada if I'm a musician and want to be able to live cheaply instead of being a wage slave?
Or, you could finish your education, and at least get a better wage so that you can retire early or have more money for free time hobbies and travel.

Do you have a EU passport? Good luck working without one.
>>
>>1143716
And what kind of job would you do exactly?
Play guitar on the street? We have enough beggers already
>>
>>1143727
Isn't Bulgaria under pressure to be less corrupt
>>
File: 20160716_172722.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160716_172722.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>1143778

Not... immensely. Well within European levels of corruption desu and certainly better than anyone else on the Balkans.

Clearly I can't know the facts and what is hidden in both Bulgaria and Rest of World, but I can see that it doesn't impact daily life as much as you'd think for an "overly corrupt state".

Post-Sovietism is hard famalamo, the 90s were pretty turbulent and back then there were "private security firms" that hired goons, etc and police were corrupt. That passed early 00s.
>>
>>1143727

>Serbia has a muslim problem
>but Bulgaria doesn't

A friend of mine in USA tells me that USA government sends students to Bulgaria as part of a program to promote understanding of the muslim world
>>
File: 20160717_134313.jpg (565KB, 2653x1451px) Image search: [Google]
20160717_134313.jpg
565KB, 2653x1451px
>>1143902
Yes, because like any other country in the universe we have Muslims as well. The Balkans and Bulgaria in particular have different than the west relationships with Muslims. The difference being that having Muslims here is that:

>it's not new
They've been around here for 500+ years, unlike the west, where they grew in large numbers the last decade and for the most part during the Syrian conflict

>they're domesticated
All of them were born here, speak perfect Bulgarian, obey secular law to the t, have jobs and co-habituate with Christians,

>a special group of Muslims are actually ethnic Bulgarians
Long-story short, long time ago Otttomans forcedly converted some Bulgarians into Islam, and that's how they remained to this day

Why I'm saying Serbia has a problem with Muslims... because Albania.
Serbians have committed numerous crimes against humanity against Albanian Muslims and they have retaliated accordingly, former Yugoslavia is a shithole desu, Croatia seems to be doing okay.

Serbia literally had a chunk of it's territory (Kosovo) annexed by Muslims, although again, they're not the same as ones in the West. I hear Kosovo is a pretty peaceful place for all.

So yes.
Serbia has a Muslim problem.
Kosovo and Bulgaria have Muslims, but no problems with them.
>>
>>1143727
>Compared to the rest of the world, it's pretty quiet here, no violence or minority, refugee stuff. Crime is low, too.

Are you aware that there is armed conflict underway as we speak? 9000 casualties in the past two years?
>>
>>1144035
are you thinking of ukraine?
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 201x251px
>>1143716
>>1143754

Nice plan OP, I'm considering a similar idea. My plan is to teach english there. My goal country is Poland, for i really like the people and culture.

Im from the US though, but it seems that the employers in Poland don't care is your not a EU citizen. So Poland might be a good option for you to consider.
>>
>>1143727
>Civilized
>Bulgaria and Romania
lel.

>>1143778
After Romania, it's probably the most corrupt in the EU. I don't know what the shill here is talking about. Willful ignorance I guess.
>>
File: 1464160831326.gif (1MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1464160831326.gif
1MB, 300x169px
>>1144505
>ad hominem
>no quotations

lel.
>>
>>1144511
I think you meant to reply to another post, anon.
>>
>>1143785
>Well within European levels of corruption
Yeah, no. Not even close. Try crossing into Bulgaria on foreign plates and see how long you'll drive before the police starts fishing for bribes for made up offenses.
>>
File: 1464442401848.jpg (32KB, 460x451px) Image search: [Google]
1464442401848.jpg
32KB, 460x451px
>>1144525
>is not aware that police don't do random stops anymore and only stop you if there's a documented (speeding camera, lights busted)

Is this legitimately what western cucks thing of Bulgaria? Fuck me. Don't come here, we will steal your euros and DEUTSCH MARKS lol
>>
>>1144546
>western
Hah, I fucking wish I was.

5 or so years ago a few kilometers after I crossed the Serbian-Bulgarian border I got stopped by the police - along with every other car. There was a small house there, filled with uniformed policemen and all sorts of alcohol on the shelves. You either paid a fine, gave a bribe or played dumb and said you'll call the embassy to translate.
"Passed in the early 00s" my ass. Even if you argue that it's criminals masquerading as police, it says a lot about the state of the country that an operation like that could freely exist - probably by paying the actual cops to turn a blind eye. Keep shilling for your country all you want, but Bulgaria has a long way to go before it even approaches European levels of corruption.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.