[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can my fellow travelers help me make my eurotrip for next summer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Planning a eurotrip for the summer of 2017, although I've run into a few complications. The reason I'm trying to fit so many countries in is because I just got back from a year abroad in Spain and now I'm left with a bunch of foreign friends scattered across a far away continent and a longing for european culture. The trip began to run into a couple difficulties when I decided to incorporate a family trip within this one and possibly spending time with american friends from the year abroad that actually live relatively close to me here in the states. My friends want to go with me to Spain but my mom's planned to go to Spain and France, to both visit where I lived in Spain (Seville) and to see the places she lived in France. If I could, I'd choose to be with my American friends in Spain, Belgium, and Amsterdam. Then I'd later like to go to the rest of the countries, not including Switzerland, with my friend from Denmark. Ive chosen to reserve Switzerland for a trip with my grandfather next summer, as he was a refugee there during the second world war. Family obviously won't overlap with friends. Leaving the budget factor out of it how can i hit every country in a logical order? Sorry for the broadness of the subject but advice would be much appreciated!
>>
Also suggestions for cities that aren't on the list would be helpful!
>>
>>1143505
Zurich is only good if you have money. Go to Interlaken instead. Its expensive but there is plenty of stuff to do for free. Go to Budapest and Prague as well. I loved London too, despite it being expensive.
>>
>>1143519
I don't think money should be a problem I will have been saving up for a while. And I wasn't sure about Prague for a bit but a lot of people have told me to go. Would also like to try some beer there. London might be kinda difficult since it's not part of the eurail though. But thanks!
>>
Why is Brussels on there?

It is literally an absolute shithole filled with muslim immigrants and EU bureaucrats - there are no locals and no culture.

You can't even walk outside at night without being ficki ficki'd or harassed by Algerians or Moroccans.

Seriously take that off your list.

If you must go to Belgium, go to Bruges instead.
>>
>>1143505
The friend you have in Vienna would be a nice day's train away from Prague. You only need 2-3 days in Prague to see it entirely, so maybe they would like to accompany you, having odds they very likely have been before. Within Vienna, the danube cruise to Melk is a good day trip, and they would surely like the idea.

This itinerary looks so poorly spaced out honestly into three distinct regions. I would only see Spain/France while you're with Mom. Find some way to incorporate your time there with her and do some time with your friends late night socializing, or give Mom a half day to herself at some point to catch up with them, or they hang out with you both. To clean it up, I'd do the things that having a local friend make very special and/or cheap for you, namely Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Brussels, Monaco. Or see if you can't get friends to meet up in one of the other cities to save you a day's train.
>>
>>1143693
Haha i have a couple of friends there. Trust me i share your disliking for both migrants and eu lovers. I suppose i could just meet up with them in Bruges. I'll do some research. Thanks anon
>>
>>1143694
Thanks for the advice. And I know it sucks its a ton of countries stacked into one trip. Its too bad cause I'd like to experience everything but I'm having to make some cuts. Oh well
>>
I recomend Interrail OP. it's perfect for you
>>
>>1143505
Wew those are some particularly expensive cities you chose OP, hope you're loaded
>>
>>1143505
>>1144555
this, you're going to a bunch of tourists hot spots. i suggest small villages or cities to get a true taste of what its like. im just coming back from a trip in france and honestly you could skip paris completely. go to cities like Amien and Annecy ( Annecy is probably my favorite place in france)
also i hope you have money for a train cuz the bus is pretty rip, Avoid flixbus if you can, its aids in terms of seating, -5 leg room. megabus and other ones along those lines are a safe bet. try to book them as far in advance as you can, it will save you a lot of money. over night bus sucks but they are convenient if you can get some sleeping pills or something that will knock you right out.
good luck sempai
>>
>>1143699
Go to Ghent or Antwerp, Bruges has no locals, you'll only find tourists.
>>
>>1144560
>not a tourist hotspot
>annecy

its most likely the city in france with the highest percentage of tourist population in all of france.
>>
>>1144366
thanks
>>
>>1144555
>>1144560
I think mom's got most of the france destinations covered since she lived there for a while, but thanks ill keep them in mind anyways. ill look into another place in belgium aside from Bruges since its a smaller country i suppose. The thing is with most of these countries my friends just happen to live in the capitals. My grandfather will know where to go in switzerland so I'm just letting him plan that part, hard to find a place in switzerland that isn't expensive as fuck anyways. Pic related is my latest idea for how I want to move through Europe (starting in Malaga). Green points are places I'm still not too sure about.
>>
>>1144742
This is also excluding the part where I travel with my American friends, as I'm still not sure where we'll be going.
>>
>>1144742
>ill look into another place in belgium aside from Bruges since its a smaller country i suppose
Never underestimate how much time you will waste with European transportation

Also Monaco is honestly not a very good place to visit unless you and your friends really do have a ton of money.
>>
>>1143505
What a shitty fucking list.

Literally only going to the cookiecutter places.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.