[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Solo euro-trip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: sddljf.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sddljf.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
Hi /trv/, been lurking quite a while, first time poster, so sorry for any misshaps.
Going travelling for the first ever really, and going solo, so am looking for any sort of advice/tips you might have. As I don’t actually know if I enjoy travelling at all, I’m staying fairly close to home, and have decided to tour Europe for 3 or 4 weeks. I’m leaving from Toulouse and doing Brussels->Amsterdam->Berlin->Prague->Budapest-> see from there (maybe Belgrade or start swinging back home through Croatia/ Italy).
Have a few questions that come to mind:
-Hostels: I’ve booked my hostels for Brussels and Amsterdam, but was wondering if you guys would recommend booking all the rest in advance? Or do you just turn up to hostels? Do it a couple before? I’ve been doing my booking on hostelworld.com, is that a good site?
-I’d quite like to go enjoy the night life/clubbing in Berlin, can anyone recommend a good hostel with this in mind? Not too expensive, but in a good location, and with a good atmosphere to meet people to go out with.
-Packing: Anything you’d recommend I should pack that I may not think of?
-Money: Any tips on carrying money? I’ve got a little shoulder bag for my day trips/nights out, do you guys carry all your money with you or leave some at hostel?
-Stuff to see: I’ve been following several threads about stuff to do in these various cities, so have a good list, but if you have anything you would definitely recommend (do/don’t) would love to hear it.
Sorry if this looks like I’m asking for handholding, I'm not really, I’m just leaving in 2 days, feeling pumped and nervous, don’t have anybody else really to ask these questions, and don’t have anybody I know to sort me out if things go wrong out there.
>>
>>1143324
Skip brussels and spend a few days in copenhagen instead.
>>
>>1143337
Yea? Only staying there 2 nights and was told Brussels was quite a nice city. I actually decided to stop there because I'm car pooling up north from Toulouse, and Brussels is the furthest north I could find in a day trip, and needed a place to stay at the end of the day, so figured I may as well visit the place if I'm there. Is it really not worth it?
Copenhagen seems a bit off track for the itinerary I'd planned, isn't it also pretty expensive?
>>
This is actually very similar to the route I'm taking in the winter, I'm starting in Copenhagen, then Berlin>Prague>Vienna>Budapest>something else in Central Europe, maybe Zagreb or Belgrade>Rome>Florence>Madrid>Paris>Amsterdam.
I usually book in advance via hostelworld
>>
>>1143343
Its a bit more expensive, sure, but also a much more interesting destination, and if you have your eyes with you, it doesnt have to be alot more expensive. Then again, i detest Brussels, so take it with a pinch of salt.

Overnight train to Amsterdam is very practical, and flights are generally very cheap. Ie, one hour flight at 29 dollars. You can also take the tram/train from Downtown Copenhagen and arrive with an escalator seperating you from the inner bosom of Kastrup. My 5 cents though.
>>
>>1143419
I also noted that i havent read anything after your first sentences, so disregard my posts.
>>
>>1143366
Could start out in Stockholm or Gothenburg then, seeing as the connections are pretty good. They can be nice in the Winter, but probably cold.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.