[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kiev

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: kiev-city-skylines.jpg (151KB, 700x480px) Image search: [Google]
kiev-city-skylines.jpg
151KB, 700x480px
Share your experiences in Kiev.
>>
Bumping for interest. I really wanna go to ukraine but i got a feeling that it's a bit sketchy
>>
File: Ukraine.jpg (985KB, 2074x1383px) Image search: [Google]
Ukraine.jpg
985KB, 2074x1383px
>>1143320
I spent about two weeks there this summer with my girlfriend. It seemed nearly every Ukrainian told me their favorite city is Lviv,but Kyiv was my favorite city in Ukraine.

Basically nobody there speaks English, so there is a huge language barrier unless you speak Russian or Ukrainian, and out of those two most people use Russian.

The best part of the city for me was Andriyivsky Uzviz, but it has a lot to offer...though it could all be seen in maybe 4 or 5 days.

Taxis are cheap as fuck, if you speak Russian (luckily my girlfriend does). They were never really more than 4 or 5 USD for us using a taxi app similar to Uber -- so I would recommend skipping public transportation unless you want to try it a few times for the experience.

I'll monitor this thread for questions and answer them as best as I can.
>>
>>1143363
>Russian or Ukrainian
ukraine have his own language ?
learning russian right now, i planned to visit russia and/or ukraine for increase my skills
>>
If you're in Kiev, you have to do a visit to Pripyat/Chernobyl. You can only go there on a guided your, one or two days long.
>>
>>1143385
>ukraine have his own language ?
wut
>>
>>1143388
>>>>>1143363
>Basically nobody there speaks English, so there is a huge language barrier unless you speak Russian or Ukrainian
>or ukrainian
>>
>>1143394
Everyone in Ukraine understands Russian and Ukrainian but in Kyiv most people use Russian.
>>
>>1143363
Where do I find a gf who speaks Russian so I don't get ripped off and can effectively navigate the cities over there?
>>
>>1143406
>but in Kyiv most people use Russian
Get ready for a beating from the local nationalists you bloody Muscovite
>>
Been there earlier this year, it's a poor country, so if you're from the West you can get much for little money. You can get by with using English in the city. Hadn't any problems in restaurants, esp. the ones frequented by students, most ppl spoke enough English to understand me or had English menus. Taxi drivers without a meter will rip you off. Metro and busses are cheap as fuck and so are the offical taxis with meters.

There's some guided tours for free twice each day starting in front of the post office in Kiev near Maidan, good way to make some friends. There is also a shooting range east of Kiev if you wanna shoot some guns. Pripyat/Cherno is really interesting. I did a two day tour for about 250€ with an overnight stay in Cherno. Another place worth a visit is the residence of Janukowytsch outside of Kiew.
>>
File: 20160518_134617.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160518_134617.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>1144034
>Taxi drivers without a meter will rip you off
Tell me about it... I took a taxi in Odessa for like less than a 5 minute journey because I was tired and the guy wanted 150UAH upon arrival even though I arranged 60UAH with someone before getting in. I eventually got him to settle for 80UAH but when I handed him a 100UAH note he said "no change no change." I just sat there without saying anything for a minute and he pretended to look for loose change in the car and tried to give me a water bottle as change but I refused to take it. I just sat there quietly for another minute or two before be magically pulled out a change bag from the side of his seat and handed me a 20UAH note.

I approached a taxi driver in English at Lviv train station to my hotel and he wanted 100UAH for the trip. The next time I greeted a taxi driver with "Czesc" and pretended to be Polish and he charged me 60UAH. The next time I had someone ask for me in Ukrainian and I was charged 30UAH. If you can't speak Russian or Ukrainian be prepared to be ripped off.

Meanwhile a tram costs 2UAH for as long as you want to ride.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.