[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving to Japan to study?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: digital era.jpg (609KB, 2385x1314px) Image search: [Google]
digital era.jpg
609KB, 2385x1314px
Hey /trv/, I need some advice on this thing.

In a few days I'm going to start studying Software Engineering, and because I got a good grade in my admission exam I got the chance to study abroad in ~2 years if I maintain a good overall score, and, knowing the inner weeb inside me and the actual chance to find what I'm looking for, I'm going to choose Japan.

The thing is that one requirement I need is I need at least N2 Japanese to officially apply. Is it actually viable to go there to study for a semester? or should I try my luck applying to somewhere else?
I really would want to study in Japan but I don't want to waste the opportunity either if it's not feasible, nor Iwant to waste time learning a language that probably could learn later. I've heard Germany and France have good places for engineering too.

What should I do?
>>
>>1142402
just learn the japanese language
>>
Okay. Newfag here but I had to help when I saw this.
If you're coming here for a holiday learning japanese wont be necessary BUT if youre planning to stay here for years then I strongly urge you to take that N2. That being said even for me, a weeaboo myself, have trouble having a conversation myself and I have been learning for almost a daily basis for 2 years(also I barely failed the N2 by 1 point). 3months in Japan and I still have problems constructing a sentence that isnt ambiguous even for them.
Because when getting a response, you'd either get a very crappy English or just full blown japanese, there is no in between.
Also, studying in japanese institutes can be frustrating at most times with the language barrier and all but also the punctuality and doinf stuff on time. Btw you mentioned software and so far all my reports and studies were done using japanese computers and formats so it will be excrutiatingly hard just to translate in the first place. And also if youre a SEAfag like me then you probably get ignored in class unlike most of your weeaboo fantasies.

Tl;dr coming here is fun and all but if youre planning to study you gotta work very very hard for it. And study fuckin japanese for fucks sake
>>
File: Kumadai.jpg (92KB, 1000x708px) Image search: [Google]
Kumadai.jpg
92KB, 1000x708px
OP Here

What's the opinion on the Kumamoto University? It's the only option in my school so far, and I've seen that it's one of the oldest schools right there, but there aren't many exchange students nor is a big school.
>>
MEXT scholarship you scrub
>>
Getting to proper* N2 level within 2 years without living in the country or being a native East Asian person or speaking Japanese at home or some other X factor is extremely difficult, if not impossible, even if your major was Japanese

As a random internet person who wishes he was in your position a few years ago, if you're set on Japan I'd say study like you want to pass the N2 properly but look into other options in Japan during these next two years. Focus on making yourself look attractive for stuff like the MEXT scholarship like the other anon suggested while studying Japanese. If you bust your ass you'll probably be around N3 in 2 years and that'll be a lot more useful than being able to barely scrape by a test that won't really accurately reflect your ability to communicate.

Then even if you decide to study in a different country you'll still be an attractive student, just with irrelevant language knowledge.

*proper meaning you actually speak read and write on that level, not you can only answer multiple choice questions on a standardized test at that level.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.