[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When it comes to low-budget backpacking, there's two things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (161KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 640x640px
When it comes to low-budget backpacking, there's two things I haven't figured out:

How do you get enough food, I mean quality food that is tasty and nutritious?

And how do you do your laundry?

As for accomodation, hostels and couchsurfing are perfect for the low-budget traveler, but I haven't cleared the other two questions.
>>
>>1141859
Street food. Markets and grocery stores. Cook at your hostel if you want cooked food that's not street food. Fruits, veggies, bread, and some beer make for a good, cheap meal that requires no prep.

Either wash at your hostel, go to a laundry place, or go to a wash and fold. Wash and folds are really, really convenient when traveling.
>>
>>1141869
Your post is fine but i wonder why the beer ?
>>
>>1141859

Poorfag here. I went backpacking in asia. If you get a bar of lye soap, usually big green bar, wet your clothes, lay it out and rub the bar vigourously over the clothes, paying special attention to the armpits, etc. Rub the two parts of clothes together, rinse real well till water runs clear, hang to dry. In hot countries didnt take long. Or hang over shower curtain or bush while you are exploring around
>>
>>1143311
Beer is a convienient food that can be enjoyed at anytime of the day. Its not just for breakfast anymore.
>>
>>1143311
Just your basic unpaid craft beer promoter as usual.
>>
>>1141859
>how do you get enough food

there are a few options, you will probably use all of them depending where you are

buying from regular supermarkets and cooking for yourself
if you have somewhere to cook (even if it's just a gas ring or a portable stove) this is usually your cheapest option by far
downsides are it's time consuming, don't spend all your time somewhere cooking

buying food from a supermarket that doesn't need cooking
I became a sandwich master when traveling
this option is still very cheap, and the least time consuming
you can take food into tourist areas and avoid the inflated prices, have food while in airports and on trains (if socially accepted)

buying street food
ranges from reasonably priced to ludicrously cheap
if you are in a country with a street food culture (think asia, indian subcontinent, middle east) it can be so cheap that you would be a fool not to, get some great local food, save time.
food hygiene varies, but Is often better than restaurants because of turnover rate
busy=safe, go where the locals go

how to get NUTRITIOUS food?
start with clean carbs, bread, rice, noodles, potatoes
cereal can be an any meal food, milk is cheap in western countries
fresh veggies are often super cheap, but can be really expensive in developed countries
remember you can eat many vegetables raw, start eating carrots like apples
eggs are a godsend, cheap everywhere, and where meat can make you sick nobody eats a bad egg by accident

I would make scrambled eggs with/wo bread, some salami
some pasta with jar sauce
ceral, raw fruit/vegetables
sandwiches every day (make them as you eat breakfast so they are good to go for later on)

washing clothes?
what >>1143527 said
if you don't have anywhere to hang them to dry it can be a real pain in the ass though, wash in a hotel sink, get a elastic clothes line and rig it somewhere (may be frowned apon in places)

wear the wet shirt so it dries on you or tie it to your bag for mixed results
>>
>>1141859
Clear trash bag and a laundry soap pod and alot of shaking, I know it's weird but if you bring your own pods, bags can be found everywhere.
>>
>>1141869
Are you really this degenerate that you consider beer to be an essential part of a healthy and balanced diet?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.