[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Airport thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 0

Hi /trv/

I looked pretty much everywhere on Jewgle and can't find reliable information about this. If I have a 9-hour layover in another country (US) that is not my final destination. Is it possible to exit the airport and go throught customs anyway?

Will I need to pickup my luggages after my first flight, to get them re-checked?

My stop is at Houston George Bush aiport for those who are familiar with this airport

Do anyone have tips & tricks for shit-long layovers?

thanks
>>
>>1141831
If you have a layover in the US, you MUST go through customs as there is no transit zone. You must also have a visa or ESTA.
>>
>>1141832
My local airport has US customs for flights that goes to US. Is it likely that I will go throught that before my first flight?
>>
>>1141831
>I looked pretty much everywhere on Jewgle
You are on 4chan making jewish jokes? WTF is your damage? That racist hate doesn't belong here in this forum.

As another said, you do retrieve your checked bags upon deplaning, and then go through customs/immigration at your very first stop in the US. What you do from there to leave teh airport is your business. Yes, you are allowed to leave or you wouldn't be allowed to transit here in the first place (visas in order). If you feel that you have enough time to leave the airport, and come back and go through TSA to get to the secured area at the gates, then do that. I'd allow 2.5 hours before an international flight, if not another 30 minutes for TSA delays and the fact IAH has LONG RIDES to/from the gates on these driverless shuttles called mobile lounges (big tires interiors like a small shuttle bus). They take forever to pack in and load up with passengers before moving. If you don't get the first vehicle, you wait for the second one about 20 minutes. They add time and aggravation. You _can_ check your bags on for the next flight at your risk, if you want somewhere to store them to be handsfree for the sightseeing. And, it's a pretty decent airport for local brands specific to Texas (cowboy boots, clothing, jewelry, foods of all types). ISo, if you wish to leave to get somethign specific, check out an airport map instead.

IAH is way out in the suburbs north of downtown. I use this airport when I go to Lake Charles LA every year for a private Mardi Gras celebration ball. I've only ever rented a car there from their new nifty people mover accessed rental center, which is lovely, but I don't recall seeing any businesses for a while afterwards, lots of expressways and greenery as I go East.
Try this guide and the links:
http://www.layoverguide.com/2014/12/houston-layover.html
>>
>>1141833
If it isn't Shannon or Toronto, I doubt it counts.
>>
>>1141831
I live in the greater Houston area and really I don't think there is much to do in this city. The airport is nothing special either.
>>
The United States does not have the concept of "international in transit". Unless you pre-cleared customs in Ireland, Canada, etc. you are required to clear US customs upon arrival in the US, even if your final destination is another country and the US is merely in transit. You will go through the lane at customs and be admitted (or not) to the US, collect your baggage, and hand your customs declaration card to officers at the exit. If they do not wish to give you a secondary inspection you will enter the US at this time.

Whether or not you re-check your bags with the airline for your next flight and proceed through security or leave the airport and come back is entirely up to you. I would say Houston is not the best city for a layover (I spent a lot of time working there in 2014, but never for personal purposes. I can't tell you what's fun in the area, but mass transit in the area is not amazing).

9 hours is a long time to kill at the airport. If you have airport lounge access that may be something but be aware that lounge rules often forbid sleeping.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.