[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Charleston

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

What is there to do here? Gonna be here next week.
>>
Not from there, but I highly reccomend eating at 82 Queen, it was delicious and was in a really cool building. White Point Park was nice too.
>>
Home Team BBQ, best barbecue outside of Texas.
>>
>>1141435
See Boone Hall Plantation (or any plantation)
Walk the Ravenel Bridge
Wander around lower peninsula (kinda follow the carriage routes)
Visit battery park, see rainbow row
Eat shrimp and grits and she-crab soup
See the Citadel
>>
take a pic at the church where the people died
>>
>>1141574
>>1141475
>>1141461
Anything other than food?
Historical or Art Museums?
>>
Charleston had a high nigger concentration and likely more than a few Black Lives Matter apes so exercise caution. Remember never to engage in conversation with a nigger and avoid direct eye contact.
>>
>>1141726
noted
>>
>>1141726
What if they are behind the car rental,hotel and tourism desks?
>>
>>1143020
Basically be ready for an argument. Those affirmative action hires hate only one thing more than working, and that's whitey. They will make up any excuse to not give you what you want, become argumentative, rude, try to overcharge you, disappear for ages, or generally ignore you. No matter what you are there for, they'll be agitated, make rude faces, and treat you like you're the same mean old whitey who whipped her great great great grandfather on the plantations.

Also never, ever give them a credit card number no matter what they say.
>>
>>1143083
Maybe they know a hateful asshole when they see one. The white hood may be a giveaway.
>>
Most people who visit Charleston in the know, like to explore the Gullah heritage, a unique lowcountry( by way of Africa) historical thing that got preserved like an amazing time capsule of preserved heritage. Whether you take a narrated hop on/hop off bus tour or get out on a barrier island visiting boat you'll see and do things the really define Charleston. Since it is steeped in some of the not often talked about importance of the slave trade, you wouldn't really get the full history of Charleston without looking for the things right under the surface in the culture. These two links are just random examples:
http://gullahtours.com/tour-information
http://www.lowcountrytours.com/

I'd suggest it's going to be damn hot, the humid kind of hot that makes you grumpy and exhausted, so choose what you do when you think it is best to do it. Sunrise is a East Coast thing, so might like to get up early for a breakfast with a morning view, and then do a walking tour while it's still crickets and cool outside, watch the city wake up. Get your hands on a marked walking tour map that explains the architecture and history of what you're looking at.

When I travel, I know there are celebrity chefs and new hipster mixologist bars doing cool things, and Charleston if full of those! Too many to mention even, so what I try to do is find the oldest longest lasting kind of restaurants, a place that might still be around when I return again. Read up so you can choose which to call for RSVP while you're doing your week there.
http://charleston.eater.com/maps/oldest-restaurants-in-charleston-worth-a-visit

Do not stop at South of the Border on I95 unless you need to go back in time to cheap roadside attractions full of crap souvenirs.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.