[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Western US Road Trip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: road trip.png (122KB, 692x564px) Image search: [Google]
road trip.png
122KB, 692x564px
Doing this trip in a month. Going to be gone for about 4 weeks with the GF and a little Dog.

Never done a Road trip this size, nor have I been to any of these locations before. I'm looking for any general road trip advice, and specific tips on this route. Secret spots along the way are what I'm most interested in, like Tamolitch Pools in Oregon.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tamolitch+(Blue)+Pool/@44.3120006,-122.0291075,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x54bf5d69caaab079:0x62cdb15a0be92bda!8m2!3d44.3120006!4d-122.0269188

And road trip stories too, that would be good for a laff I suppose.
>>
>>1141007
Why not Vegas?
>>
>>1141047
been there 5 or 6 times already/

in any event, it always a possibility after the grand canyon
>>
Not going to hit the 4 corners?
>>
>>1141129
na, doesn't interest me so much. more into hiking, trekking, scenic drives etc..
>>
File: Oregon-Coast-Highway-101-edit.jpg (73KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
Oregon-Coast-Highway-101-edit.jpg
73KB, 640x420px
packing a first aid kit, multi-tool, flashlight, and portable battery jumper. Other than the obvious basics, should that cover a month on the road?
>>
Make sure to include southeast Utah. Probably my favourite part of your trip. Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Arches, Capitol Reef. Be sure to get a national park pass. Don't forget Joshua Tree NP in S Cal
>>
>>1141335
maybe cut south from Moab, and then across to zion/grand canyon?
>>
File: 9070717998_9be25896ca_k.jpg (1MB, 2048x683px) Image search: [Google]
9070717998_9be25896ca_k.jpg
1MB, 2048x683px
>>1141340
>>
>>1141335
There are lots of secondary highways in that region. Don't be nervous about them, they are fairly well traveled. I always try to avoid interstates. You have a month which is lots of time to do that trip at a much slower pace.
>>
Stay on 101 to Astoria, or even carry on right up to the Olympic Peninsula. That is a stretch of coast you don't want to miss. Through Washington, stay north of I90 and instead do Route 2 or 20. In Montana, head North to Glacier NP and take the Going to the Sun Road.
>>
>>1141389
Solid post, thanks anon
>>
>>1141389
although skipping Eugene is a no-go. Visiting a friend there and also checking out the University.

Plus wine in the Willamette Valley
>>
>>1141498
Also, most redwood forest areas won't look like that sadly, you'll usually park and walk to a forest of noticeably large trees. Also check out Yosemite national park, even if there for a day, find out when the valley tours go out, they'll tell you about the area and you'll see most sights expect for glacier point.
>>
What are you planning to see on the Olympic Peninsula? When you're done definitely don't drive back south and around to Seattle, just take a ferry across the sound. It'll be worth it.
>>
>>1141007
I live north of Denver and I would like to recommend visiting Boulder and Fort Collins. I think they are great little towns.

Boulder is great just because it's the small San Fran. It wants to be progressive but mostly it's just liberals stuck in their ways. Pearl Street Mall in Boulder is great. But that's not a secret.

If you lke hiking I recommend Red Rocks. If you go during the day you can hike it. The place itself is incredible. very beautiful.

Fort Collins has really great beer if that's your thing. Horsetooth Rock is a good hike. Old Town is pretty nice.

Also if you are driving I-70 through the mountains (you probably will) an afternoon in Glenwood is great. Really weird mountain town. The pools are cool too.

Also this guy >>1141335 if you are driving through east Utah there are a lot of cool places / scenic areas to visit. Moab and Zion imo

Have fun.
>>
>>1141922
where does the ferry leave from? Sounds sick
>>
I`m going on a south western roadtrip in about two weeks time, and I have a small question for you guys!
What is the best wifi hotspot I can buy to have in the car and on the go?
I`m norwegian by the way..
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.