[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vienna, Austria

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: ViennaRingView.jpg (106KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
ViennaRingView.jpg
106KB, 600x315px
Hello /trv/.
A friend and I are thinking of going to visit Vienna for a week, but since we're both students on a very limited budget so a hostel might be a good choice.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this and knows any decent ones not too far from the center of the city.
>>
>>1140513
wombat City hostel (Linke Wienzeile something). But I wouldn't recommend staying a week in Vienna, there isn't really that much to do here
>>
I recommend A&O
>>
>>1140514
Seconding wombat
>>
yeah a week is def. too much for a city of this size. I'd say 3 days for just vienna are plenty, except you plan to travel out of the city to the mountains or the to lakes
>>
>>1140514
>>1140518
>>1140519
>>1140522
Thanks a bunch.
So aside from the historical sights like museums and such, are there any more modern places worth visiting in your experience?
>>
Everyone ends up in fucking Wombat. Had some mad times in there. So yeah, go there. You find it by leaving the train station and walking around in a circle three times.
>>
>>1140528
You can go on the big wheel from the Third Man and Before Sunrise. The theme park itself is nice too. You get an awesome view.
>>
you can check Bratislava as a daytrip (take the boat for 30€ per trip, or bus for 10€ per trip).

I'd recommend spending the night in Bratislava. Blues hostel is great & had a crazy time at the pub crawl (we went out to some student-part of town, big nightclub there)
>>
File: worker24.jpg (304KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
worker24.jpg
304KB, 640x360px
You should visit a Heuriger on Kahlenberg.
>>
>>1140522
> too much for a city of this size.
Vienna is almost 2 million people. More than twice as large as San Francisco.
>>
>>1140579
Calm down. Stop talking about city size like its relevant to tourist activities. For example, Mexico City is the largest city in the western hemisphere, more than three times the size of New York City. And, it means absolutely nothing to days you'd need to see the sights, and you'd certainly need more than 15x more time in New York.
Fact: Every guide book in the world will suggest 3 day itineraries for Vienna. And, it's quite common to do 3-3-3 for Prague-Vienna-Budapest trips.

I think a real art and music fan will certainly enjoy going to different museums and concerts on over and over subsequent visits (I am sure there are more than 150 different museums), but you can indeed hit the highlights in only 3 days.

OP, given budget constraints, Vienna is considered one of the more expensive places in Europe for tourists. So, figure out if you wish to do the palace "Sisi" tour, their library, and that whole complex by paying to go inside, or if you'll do the walkaround and free highlights. If not, pick your arts or personal interests and do 2-3 other museums. There is everyone from funky medical museums to Klimt. One cheap thing you can do to see churches, which I do the world over is actually attend mass if there is a tourist admission. You often meet a local patron inside who will explain some history or art when you walk around at the end. In Vienna, I ended up at a nice concert at an evening mass in Karlskirche that included full orchestra and choir that filled the space with angelic music to the rafters.

Night market and coffeehouse culture are two highlights. A bus along the ringstrasse is a good free tour you can do yourself. Keep in mind the city was rubble in WW2, and all rebuilt. I would #1 suggest the wachau valley cruise to Melk's monastery for a 3/4th day trip.
>>
I've been to Vienna last week for three days and they definitely weren't enough. Rent a citybike and just ride around everywhere, it's my favourite city now. Have a nice trip anon
>>
>>1140579
I'm living in Vienna and regularly show friends from other countries around, so I know what I'm talking about m8
>>1140589
this guy gets it
>>
File: 20160710_123648.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160710_123648.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I recommend going to Prater (oldest amusementpark in the world) where you find the restaurant "Luftburg" and to eat a Stelze there
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.