[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to study abroad, see the world.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20151026_063747329.jpg (2MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151026_063747329.jpg
2MB, 2432x4320px
So I obviously want to travel. I want to see the world and I don'tknow how to do this. I definitely do not come from the best of households nor are we well set off. I am just starting my freshman year of college is there any advicethat could be given to me?
>>
I am also on my mobile so there will be some mistakes.
>>
Here's my best piece of advice (in regards to studying abroad): apply for your study abroad program.

For the most part, it is as simple as that. I have many friends that say they are so jealous of me because I got to spend some time studying abroad in SEA, then when I ask them why they didn't do an exchange they can't give me a real excuse.

The application process and everything was really straight forward, and the only fee I paid above and beyond what I would have paid if I stayed at my home school was my flight over there and all the extra trips I took.

I don't come from the best of households either, and I also go to a more expensive school. That said I was able to travel a lot while on exchange because I worked a ton during high school and my summers off. See if your school has bursaries (aka free money for poor people) and apply for them each year because that will help pay for shit.

My school also has an exchange bursary, and I received a decent chunk of change from that. When you subtract the extra travel costs off of the amount I received, there's still some money leftover, meaning I actually made money by studying abroad lol.

tl;dr you can easily do it, so just do it. No excuses.
>>
Thank you, I'vebeen looking for stuff like that. Once when got pulled over this police officer searched my car then asked what I wanted to do with my life and I told her and she told me the same thing. I'll be looking to that though thank you.
>>
Is there anything about specific places in Europei should be worried about? Money wise or traveling wise or people wise, anything.
>>
>>1140313
Western Europe is expensive. Eastern Europe not so much.
If you're from a poor family and from a third world country, exchange rates will kill your budget.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.