[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need a travel destination in Europe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: political-map-of-Europe.gif (421KB, 1412x997px) Image search: [Google]
political-map-of-Europe.gif
421KB, 1412x997px
Hi trv,

Dutch guy here. Recently the Mrs and I planned several trips for this summer. However, life got in the way. My wife got pregnant (yay!) and all our ideas were pretty ambitious in terms of activity, traveling from place to place, covering a lot of distance and doing a lot of stuff.

So we canceled it all. Now we have no idea where to go. Our situation is:
- We have basically the first half of September off from work
- Pregnant wife, roughly 15 weeks when we're going on vacation
- She's very tired at the moment, so the ideal thing is to stay in 1 or 2 places.
- We're looking for a glamping, apartment or hotel to stay at
- We love the outdoors and nature. But given her situation we're limited to short and easy walks and car rides
- We enjoy visiting towns/cities now and then, but we're not huge museum-goers or culture-lovers. The occasional thing is ok, but it's not something we'd do for 2 weeks straight.
- We don't want to travel a lot of distance every day to get somewhere. So a lot of cool sites in let's say 1,5 hours max by car is preferable
- We're open to either going by plane or by car, depending on the distance.
- She slightly prefers mountains, I slightly prefer coastal areas
- We're looking for something where the weather is likely to be good in September

Places we've already been include most of Slovenia and Slovakia, Zakynthos, Gran Canaria, and the French Alps. So basically none of those.

Give us some inspiration!
>>
London is great as there's so much to do and not much travel needed to get from place to place, seems it would be good given the situation. And then driving to the coast or other nice places outside the town isn't too far either.
>>
>>1140287
Lol you had big dreams of travel and adventure and now you're cucked into some shitty suburb with a boring family sedan and the occasional weekend getaway like camping or Legoland.

Just give up, you're old and boring now, maybe join a bowling league or play in a cover band.

/Projecting
>>
>>1140287
You could play it safe and travel down the Rhine.
But in general I would say it's southern Europe. You want good weather, interesting places close together coast and mountains nearby. You could get this in Portugal or Italy.
>>
>>1140294
fuck you man your post literally gave me anxiety

And I have already traveled a shit ton

If I do a good job and get a proper career I can always do awesome vacations, r-right?
>>
>>1140291
We went there 2 years ago. Great fun, just not something we'd do again so soon.
>>1140294
Nope, conscious decision to start a family.
>>1140301
We already visited the Algarve. But aside from that it would check most of our boxes. Any similar regions you'd recommend?
>>
>>1140304
OP here. I'm 32 and I work a full-time job. I did a month in the US/Canada 2 years ago and went on 3 vacations last year. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>1140309
thanks, that's very comforting to hear

I would absolutely despise it to have the ability to travel taken from me
>>
File: Positano_-_02.jpg (547KB, 1280x857px) Image search: [Google]
Positano_-_02.jpg
547KB, 1280x857px
Amalfi coast could be your thing
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.