[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cannes/Nice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: Cannes#.jpg (92KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
Cannes#.jpg
92KB, 500x338px
Hey, /trv/.
Through some luck I'm able to stay at a vacation appartment in Cannes for a bit more than two weeks in early august.
I'll be staying close to the old town and the beach.
I'm not the biggest fan of shopping and pompous lifestyle and am more into saving my money and getting the most out of it when travelling so I hope there's more to Cannes than just dumb shopping and looking fancy hotels I have no interest or need to stay at.
I really like nice museums, galleries and historic sights/buildings, and I figured there'll be some neat stuff to see.
My French is a bit rusty but overall enough for getting around, basic conversation and reading stuff.
I've been to France a bunch of times and I'm especially thrilled at the idea of having my own kitchen to cook up something good after heading to the supermarché.
Nice and Grasse are also really close and I think I'll visit those.
Anyone got any special ideas
>what to see
>what to eat
>what to do
>where to maybe meet people of the backpacker variety
without having my wallet raped?
Also general advice about the Cannes-Nice-area.
After a lot of help and a pleasant experience on my last travel with /trv/'s help I hope someone has any ideas.
>>
>>1140264

>general advice about the Cannes-Nice-area
Too crowded and expensive

I suggest you to visit Hyères area and the countryside. If you have a car you can go near Castellane and the parc naturel du Verdon, this is very beautiful (only 80km). If you don't have a car, there is some bus line too.

Near Cannes you can visit Grasse if you like flower and perfume.

If you want a not crowded beach, you can go go some naturist beach, usually there is not à lot of people but you have to be naked and sometimes there is creepy people. As a woman, i never go there alone.

>What to eat
You can buy your food at the local marché but beware of scams. In the summer there is a lot of little shops who sell fake french olive, fake aop cheese, fake Provence honey, etc.

You can eat :
Goat cheese, socca, fougasse, anchois, ratatouille...
Look at this wiki page : https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuisine_niçoise

>where to maybe meet people of the backpacker variety
Maybe couchsurfing. I guess there is some group / meetings you can join in.

Have a nice stay
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.