[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dublin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Dublin.jpg (5MB, 4834x3222px) Image search: [Google]
Dublin.jpg
5MB, 4834x3222px
What to do in Dublin for 3 or so day with 7 people? Are pubs enough to keep 7 dutchfags not bored?
>>
>>1139902
Is drinking about all you like to do?

Anyway, for dark grins, spend an hour in "The Dead Zoo" (Museum of Natural History) which is an old-school taxidermied critters in glass cases museum. In addition to the dark humor of bad and aging taxidermy, it is amazing how many of the dead things are smiling at you. Apparently being dead in Dublin is just a fine old time...
>>
>>1139902
been here in Dublin for the last couple of days and I gotta say it's kind of a bummer.
yes, there are plenty of pubs and yes there's lot of beer, if thats what ur looking maybe u ll be fine, but city seems really uninteresting in a cultural way or whatever, it's just a bunch of boring low ceiling buildings and drunken people.
Guinness factory it's shit though they give u a 'free' pint.

on the other hand I really enjoyed Howth which is a city by the shore just 20' away from Dublin
>>
porterhouse has damned good beers

however

i mean that in a "i like the taste of good beer, and some food to go with it" not "let's all make assholes of ourselves" sense of the term
>>
>>1139939
>>1139965
>>1140012
OP here, thanks for these suggestions, and no, its not just beer we're looking for, we're also be going to the Wicklow mountains when we're done in Dublin
>>
>>1139902
>What to do in Dublin for 3 or so day with 7 people? Are pubs enough to keep 7 dutchfags not bored?
I don't know anyone who would recommend Dublin beyond 2 days, or that you go to Ireland at all and not do a self-drive vacation. If you can, get out of the city. It's very lovely nearby Dublin. Rent a vehicle (van in your case, maybe even a driver), and take an drive. St. Kevins of Glendalough and wicklow mountains, maybe a night at the Powerscourt estate area.

If you cannot get out of Dublin, I think you can slow down the sightseeing into about 2 hours a day, 1 thing at a time, and make restaurants and different pub music your goal. Try a couple different pub-crawl or bus tours, the literary ones, and the history ones. That'll fill up 2 afternoons and evenings. Pick a celebrity and tour something related to their life. U2? http://www.atu2.com/dublin/ Guinness tour, and interiors in churches. University library and Book of Kells. I like Boxty House for dinner when I go to Temple Bar area, Gallaghers and other choices for music, and I think the old mercantile bank building hotel bar (whatever it is called) across the street has a good breakfast. Something nice to do wherever I travel is go to the oldest theatre in town, either cinema or live plays. You might enjoy standup comedy or an open mic somewhere, something to do other than just drink and look at local people, but interactive where you really know you aren't at home. See if there is a film festival, or any other festivals or farmers markets to browse and act like a local. Sometimes I pick up a cool antique jewelry or wall art or something at them. For shopping, there will always be someone to seek out who does something great locally, from craft clothing like leather jackets and buttery soft boots, or countrys best chocolate to the coolest collection of old LPs to antique cameras. Do a little research if something you personally love isn't right there in Dublin.
>>
File: IMG_5870.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5870.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
Temple Bar in Dublin
>>
>>1140107
>Wicklow
gleann dá loch
>>
>>1139965
Irishfag here, i strongly recommend visiting other parts of the country instead of just Dublin
>>
>>1140613
where you from in Massachusetts?
>>
>>1139902
Yes but avoid temple bar. There are a lot of nice bars that aren't exclusively tourist traps. Plus it's a nice city (centre) so walk around a bit
>>
>>1140649
Went to a place called The Basement on temple bar.
It was alright.
>>
Go to Ballymun and if you get the chance, come visit Moyross in Limerick. There's loads of thinks to do like horse riding!
>>
I spent 5 days in Dublin with my gf a few years ago. We ended up using the city as a base to take day trips out into the countryside.
We went with a company called paddywagon tours and they basically functioned as a shuttle service between landmarks. Once we got to each place, the bus driver let us know how much time we had and sent us off to explore.
>>
>>1141072
>We went with a company called paddywagon tours and they basically functioned as a shuttle service between landmarks. Once we got to each place, the bus driver let us know how much time we had and sent us off to explore.
So it was basically a tour. Thanks for clarifying.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.